Thread: The Lake
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 03:05 PM   #39 (permalink)
Giant Squid
Other Characters
Fire Slug

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bartholomew Henry
I like shiny things.

"Trouble?" Hmm, it was not for squids, giant or otherwise, to make such a proclamation. He couldn't know, not in any real detail, how things stood up at the school; his knowledge was limited to the lake, the directly adjacent grounds, and whatever information he heard from those castle-dwellers he spoke to. Usually the groundskeeper, but it had been a while. "The lake is in trouble, or rather, those who live here." Which brought him to his mes-...

One more. "Hello there," Bartholomew said to the newcomer, waving his tentacles in greeting. "As far as I am aware, that is not the case, apologies if this disappoints."

All but one of the children seemed ready to hear what Bartholomew had to say, and this was as good a time as any to say it, and so he launched into it without further ado. "Thank you, children. You see, the plants in the lake are dying, more every day. I believe eventually we will lose them all. You see why this is a problem, of course. The creatures in this lake need those plants in order to live." Homes, food, and those who could not breathe surface air relied on oxygen provided by the plants. "I - we - would be grateful for any assistance. Please do what you can." Their options were rather limited, down in the depths. Bartholomew Henry's tentacles were rather tied, and this was the best he could do.

Skimming said tentacles over the water, Bartholomew addressed the one student's concerns. "If you know a way I can prove my credentials, I shall of course be happy to oblige."