View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 03:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

SPOILER!!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
No. Upstead couldn't do this to her. Okay, they WERE currently making her feel awful, but she wasn't completely falling for it. "If you're innocent, then how come you joined him? And how come you don't feel bad?" It didn't matter if they'd helped during the war. If she'd killed four good people and two bad people for fun, nobody would be calling her a hero. And they shouldn't either.

"What were you doing then?" Did they care to... explain? Apparently not... they were leaving now.

That made her feel very conflicted. On the one hand, she wanted to know what the were doing. On the other hand, it didn't matter, they sucked and she wanted them to go away. On the one hand... on the other hand... on the one hand... Did she feel a bit of shame? Huh. Well, she ignored that feeling, cause it was stupid. She just decided to let them leave, cause it would make everyone happier. Back to failing at her patronus, then.

Nem spoke as they went, not breaking their stride, aware this was going nowhere. "Never said I don't feel bad." One reason for which, Fox had just illustrated. It didn't matter what they did, said, thought, because those around them had the collective tendency to apply the meaning that best suited the favoured narrative. Nemesis knew why, of course, understood perfectly, but still. Tiresome. Pointless.

But also unimportant. At least there was that.

They were all the way down at the end of the corridor, where it branched off into two new routes, before they stopped. Since even before the year Lucien Rosier had unmasked himself, Nem had started to understand that people around here did not pick up on subtleties, such as those they'd already let on. Then again, with every mind around them already made up and hellbent on one specific purpose, spelling things out held no appeal either. This had gone on long enough.

So it was with an air of stoic resignation that they spoke up again, looking back down the corridor at Fox. "I was doing what I could, with what I had." And that would be the last they spoke of it. Nem turned away again, and slipped quietly from the corridor.

You are Chocolate!