Thread: Balcony
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 01:22 AM   #15 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Kinsay James And Ashley Fox
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
"But you shouldn't have to."

Kins sighed quietly, as she let her head fall back. Maybe she just needed to fully splay out on the balcony and take in the starry night. The stars might know what to do about all this Matty stuff. In any case, it was maybe worth a try because Kins had no workable ideas at the moment. Except for maybe asking him about it, but the prospect of bringing it up herself was a little scary. So. Um.

She was only half-listening to Ash, but not in an obvious way. Just in the way that she was quiet and her mind was wondering, even as the Ravenclaw explained her own feelings. Kins could relate to the not really knowing how she felt bit. Kiz was that way a lot. All the feelings sort of turned into soup all the time. A weird feelings soup. It made it hard to talk about, which is why she usually opted not to. And for what it was worth? Even though Ash's existential dread made Kins all sorts of uncomfortable all the time, maybe it was good that she was talking about it at least. Kiz couldn't even do that. "Yeah, I guess so." Peaceful out here, that is.

"I don't usually come here when I'm sad," she answered slowly after having stayed quiet for a little bit. She didn't really want to answer either of the questions, but not answering didn't feel right either. The balcony was nice, but it was a thinking spot. Not a sad spot. The last stall in the girl's loo was a sad spot. And under Phoebe's covers was a sad spot. And sometimes the boathouse was a sad spot. But not the balcony.

After another long pause she found herself shrugging deeply. "And, well, I guess so. But a lot of things are my fault usually so." So it was warranted to blame herself. Kizzy ideas usually backfired.

Ash shrugged. “There are lots of things nobody should have to do, Kinsay James.” She’d leave it at that... but. Getting a cold and making herself soup was hardly the worst thing to happen to her. She’d live. She’d be fine. “If I need something, I’ll just get one of my older siblings to help me.” She didn’t have older siblings. But she did have older students who liked her, and what was the difference?

“You’re not sad then? That’s... nice.” Ash was a little bit surprised. She couldn’t remember Kinsay feeling... not sad in the past... really long time. Not around her. Right. She made Kinsay feel bad, constantly. What had she even done? Was there any way to fix it?

Personally, Ash thought that most things weren’t Kinsay’s fault. But she had the feeling that Kinsay would just feel weird if that was pointed out. Instead... “Would you be mad if I drew you? You wouldn’t have to sit for anything... and nobody would see it. I’m painting people for...” A therapy thing. She couldn’t mention that to Kinsay, or they’d both feel weird. “...because I like to paint.” She hoped Kinsay would say yes... but she also hoped Kinsay wouldn’t feel terrible about whatever she decided. If that was what Ash was hoping for...

perhaps she shouldn’t have asked.