View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 04:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Kolyander

DMC & DERP
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hadleigh Renee Paton (DarkGreen)
Slytherin
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bryony Rose Paton (#FF69B4)
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Oceanus Zunther (#bfc2cb)
Ecological Protection
x12
Otter This World ♡ Catpurrccino ♡ Slotherin ♡ Pandamonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
Help was always welcome... however Mia did feel a little out of her depth allowing a student to help with the thestrals. Given...she couldn't see their body language... she couldn't tell if they were... happy? Upset? Scared? Hopefully happy today, since they were being fed.

And she was very impressed with Dahlia's calmness with them.

And then, the question, the one that always came up with thestrals. Mia sighed, and shook her head, an embarrassed smile crossing her face. "I cannot," she admitted. "It makes feeding them a little more difficult than the others." As in, not accidentally hitting one in the face was difficult.
Dahlia's full attention was on feeding the thestrals with a carefulness that was beyond what she normally used around other creatures. Always was she sure and gentle when taking care of any of them but certain ones needed a higher level of focus when around them. Like the thestrals even if she was able to see them.

What appeared as calmness on the outside was nervousness within. It was not without very hard work and dedication to the cause of helping out and her level of love for all creatures that she was where she was right this moment. Lots of tears had been shed last term in knowledge of being able to see the beautifully eerie ones standing before her.

It was only by sheer coincidence that the Ravenclaw had glanced sideways once more to catch that embarrassed smile on her professor's face. The answer was unexpected for sure but it showed that the professor was dedicated to the creatures too. Obviously. "I find it easier to hold the meat on the palm of my hand for them to take. They won't intentionally bite you. Most of them are very sweet even if they don't look that way." Now it was her turn to smile. "Personally I believe all they want is to be shown love like everyone else."

You are Bread!