View Single Post
Old 09-21-2021, 03:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Upstead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
There were a lot of words coming at them right now, but no real answers. As Fox spoke, and the words drifted around them, Nem had to wonder if their nonsensical nature was objective fact, or subjective. It was fact regardless, but the qualifier was significant in terms of self-assessment. In the meantime, Fox continued to speak, but focusing on the nature of what she was saying somehow made it so that the issue was magnified tenfold.

Funhouses, patronuses, plus a predictable 'I hate you'.

Nem looked up from Fox and ahead, down the corridor in the direction from which they had first come this way, before turning eyes back on the Ravenclaw. The topic of feelings was not one for the ears of children who openly hated them. It was barely for the ears of adults who did not dislike them. "How did I ruin your life," they said again, in the very same tone, which gave nothing away. "Specifically."

It was true that Nemesis Upstead and mirrors were linked, inexorably and inextricably. But it went beyond this, much further than Fox would ever know, could ever understand, and the same went for everyone else. A conspiratorial significance of reflective proportions. Weapon and weakness and worn like armour.

Ash glared at them, hoping they would somehow disappear. They did not. Unfortunately. She sorted out her thoughts. "Well. When you were temporarily working with the Neo-Alliance, you told Rosier my name and got me put in the mirror. Which was because I was an idiot, but also because you told him. Anyway, that is technically torture, and I am traumatized. Do you want to hear the specific life-ruining aspects about how like, every bathroom has mirrors in them, and there are mirrors in cars, and funhouses, and they're all over this school too? Or is it enough for me to just tell you I can't look at mirrors because of your actions?" She stared at them. "I don't think you're my boggart though." The words came out of her mouth without her realizing. She went back to doing the wand motions. "Expecto patronum." No luck.