Thread: Arcade Area
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2021, 09:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Remy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzily View Post
Remy’s eyes widened and she wanted a story time. Ash seemed like she was in a good enough mood to talk about it, right? Especially if she had tips on how to not be possessed by ghosts, because Remy was ready to take some notes. “What? You were possessed by one???!” EXPLAIN.

“That’s good to hear.” And if Ash wanted to know, it was clear already that she seemed in better spirits this term. “I’m enjoying this term, too.” Like Ash, much more than last term. It felt more like home this time around. “Falling behind on my homework, though.” She sighed heavily.

“Really? You should teach me some muggle games afterwards, maybe.” More and more, Remy was becoming interested muggle culture. Especially after finding out about their crazy sour candy. The Gryffindor shuffled the pack of cards and placed two piles face down on the table. “So… I’ll turn over a card on this pile.” She did so as she explained, “then we’ll take it in turns to turn a card over on the other pile, but we have to do it quick.” To avoid explosions, of course. “First to say SNAP wins that round

Got it? Ready?

Ash shrugged. "Yeah, but then Fake Trent got rid of it." True. "It wasn't a big deal." False. It was a big deal. Remy probably wouldn't have heard of it, but arson was not like... a small thing. Neither was losing 200 points. But that just... wasn't her. And it wasn't Trent either. It was just like, a ghost pretending to be her and an evil guy pretending to be a mean guy. It was weird. Yeah. Weird was a good word.

"I can help you with your homework if you want. Or your study habits." Ash was not a procrastinator. She remembered everything all the time, and she hated doing nothing. Honestly, the biggest problem that came up when she did her homework was that she got distracted easily. Because of the memory thing. That ended up being both a blessing and a curse. "I agree, this is the first time Hogwarts has felt like home, but it's also the first time I've felt homesick." She laughed. That was a good sign, right? She was feeling at home in both worlds.

Ash laughed again. "Oh, I like matching games. The explosions are a nice touch." Exploding Snap would require fast reflexes... for several reasons. And Ash was good at that. "Let's play!"