Thread: Library
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2021, 03:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiallNIP View Post
Quinn was intensely focused on his notes and didn't notice anything was afoot until a little bundle wrapped in newspaper slid its way into view. He blinked and examined the parcel, then looked up to see one of his favorite people in the whole world, which obviously perked him up pretty quick. "Atlas, you really didn't have to get me anything," he said with a chuckle. He turned back to the present and gently unwrapped it, exposing the old book.

The cover may have been nearly falling off, but it was beautiful as anything. It was definitely very nice when it was brand new, but Quinn thought the age added character. As he opened it and flipped through the pages, he didn't see much he didn't already know, but the illustrations were extremely well done. And he hadn't ever owned a book like this... it was actually a very thoughtful gift. The smile on his face only got larger the more he flipped through the pages. "Atlas..." he said, turning back to him with a grin and a gleam in his eye, "I love it!" Quinn giggled and threw his arms around Atlas's neck in a hug. "Oh, thank you, thank you!"

He pulled back and started looking through the book again, then sighed. "Jeez, you always get me such cool gifts... all you ever get from me is yarn... I swear I'm gonna buy you a new Nimbus or something one of these days...."
He supposed he could have reiterated in how it really had not been very expensive and, because it had been so cheap and of some odd change, it was actually doing Atlas a favor or sorts with his purchase in bringing the total up to something nice and even number and that made counting much easier once he was up at the till...but he instead simply shrugged his shoulders and offered a sheepish sort of smile. "Whoever owned it before me had really messy handwriting..." he pointed out with a nod to the page Quinn was on now. It was either really messy or really fancy, both being things that his eyes and brain could not process. He was going to fall it messy because that was a little less bruising to the ego.

And he should have really been expecting the hug and yet he hadn't...so there was a delay in reaction but it was reciprocated after a few beats. "You're welcome," he said with a small squeeze before leaning back a bit and hoping that his cheeks were not too pink.

"You don't give me yarn," Atlas pointed out with a slight wag of the finger. "Not like you are putting a ... what do you call a bundle of yarn anyway? But you gift time, effort, and vision with the things you make. I could say that I just give you paper whenever I fold origami too. Which...technically is true, just like how technically its true that you give me yarn..." Was Quinn following the train of thought here? Hopefully. "...point is...don't buy me a Nimbus. I don't have a need for my own broom and you shouldn't waste your galleons."

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes