View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 06:12 PM   #54 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default *catches up*
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

SPOILER!!: Question 2 catchup
Heath watched the stick insect slowly inch up his arm. He was so distracted by the creature that he completely forgot he was supposed to be listening (meditating?) until Professor Euka's voice jerked him out of his thoughts. He listened to his classmates answers to the question, thinking back to what he'd heard before the insects distracted him. It was a lot of the same things the others did… birds, wind, etc.

He had no idea how those sounds would make him a better diviner… not that he thought he was a good one in the first place! The only answer he could think of was that maybe paying attention to sounds could help them learn to tune out distractions and become more observant, which could help in divination because a lot of methods involved observing signs. Was that anywhere close to what Euka was looking for? Not feeling at all confident that it was, he kept quiet.

Entomancy? That name didn’t sound like anything to do with insects; it sounded like some obscure medical procedure! Weird name aside, the activity did sound interesting. Heath glanced at the stick insect, which had now crawled its way up his arm and perched on his shoulder. Could he keep observing this insect? It was rather cute… you know, for something that looked like a moving stick. He held out a finger, waited for the stick insect to crawl onto it, and gently set it down.

Taking care not to hurt any other insects that might still be around, he got up from the mat and followed the stick insect as it inched along the ground farther and farther away until it came to a bush. Now what was it going to do? He watched as it crawled up a branch and began munching greedily on a leaf. Heath smiled. This insect reminded him a bit of a character in a muggle children’s book… except that had been a caterpillar, not a stick insect! Eat up, little guy, he thought as he watched it chow down.

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...