Thread: The Domes
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 04:34 AM   #25 (permalink)
Chelliephone

Fanfiction Mod
4 Privet Drive Mod

DERP & DoM

Alley Proprietor
Blast-Ended Skrewt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Vera Brinley Thanatos
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mandrake Beery
Slytherin
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Evan Nam
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ece Arslan
Nesting Occamy Rentals
Anashti l Brat Pack l Sally & Dr. Finklestein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady of Light View Post
"I've met Lisa.. and I have seen Maya around. They are pretty cool!" Of course, Val could understand. Having plenty of siblings around, especially at school, to be able to see each other every day.. it definitely must be nice. "Yes! I have one sibling. His name is Victor." Her baby brother. She really did miss him so much when she was away at school but did write to him as often as possible, every week mostly, to check on how he was doing. Val was still playing with the kitten, nodding at his response. "Yeah, I know. I have tried asking my parents once before but they didn't seem very keen but I'm going to try again when I go home during winter break." She really hoped they'd agree this time.

She, obviously, got super excited at his question. "Hip-hop and contemporary are the styles I'm super good at all. I know ballet and jazz too. I want to learn salsa now." That was the plan at least. She always enjoyed learning and exploring new things when it came to dance. "Also, I like to blend different styles and come up with something new sometimes!" She turned quiet at his response, suddenly feeling a little nervous. Most people used the room of requirement, yes?? It was safe, right? "Have you ever asked a Professor about it? They would know what kind of magic is used, I think." Mountain people.. interesting. She'd never been to the mountains before, ever. As far as she remembered at least. "Mountains mean a lot of climbing, right?" She immediately brightened up at the idea. It sounded like a fun, didn't it? "Hey, maybe we should organize one next summer? What do you think?"
It seemed most people had met Lisa already, the giant ball of energy that she was. She and Noah had definitely gotten most of the socialness from the family, leaving him and Maya to just pretty much figure out how to make do. "I'm biased but... I think they're good people. Lisa is really high on energy and seems fueled by optimism. She's a ray of sunshine." Which... was refreshing after everything else, and that type of outlook was what he was fiercely trying to protect for her. "Maya is probably the smartest out of all of us. And entirely willing to use that brain of hers for real life practices." As opposed to him, who just... studied. "How old is your brother Victor?" He hadn't seen anyone around with her, so he could only assume he wasn't at school yet. Though as he thought that, he realized it was entirely a possibility that her brother just also had not been magic. "You should convince them to just go to the Magical Menagerie in Diagon Alley with you and you could all meet the kittens there together. The shopkeeper was really nice, super patient in helping me find Pads." Though really, once he'd actually made his way to the kitten corner, it had been a quick friendship.

Oh, wow! She knew a LOT of different styles! Evan pretty much capped at classical and some hip hop, though he did expand a little more every summer with Noah and Chase. Just for fun, he had no intention of ever doing anything with any of it. "That's a lot! But that's so cool. Do you have a favorite out of all those?" He.. had no idea how to salsa, though he did wish he did so he could help in her task since she was kind of.. .stuck for the rest of the term. Unless he was misremembering that being a partnered dance. "Experimentation is always a fun way to do it. Dance is one of the best ways to express originality so it would make sense your style be too." The room of requirement was most definitely safe, it was just really that by the time Evan would have had any interest in exploring the room - he kind of hated magic as a whole. Or hadn't been allowed to roam the castle. "I havent... I guess I could though." Climbing, sitting on hills and just enjoying scenic views, colder climates. "Yeah, I like to hike. It's rewarding to pick a mountain as your goal, and then get to reach it and enjoy the prize of the view." But really... a beach day sounded like fun. He worried he'd be a disappointing co-planner given he didn't know THAT many people but... maybe he could get Lisa's help there. "We should! it could be really fun. And even MORE of a last hurrah before it's back to school and we have to buckle down for our exams."

Let them point and laugh at who we are, it's you and me here dancing from the start