Thread: Music Classroom
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 01:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Violet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
"I'm not sneaking!" Violet began, then checked her momentary burst of exasperation. Ashley just said things like that sometimes, and Violet was trying to do better at getting to know people, so getting upset over nothing was not going to be useful.

Violet took that in, thinking of her own mother, the one she'd never met, the one she didn't know if she was alive or dead (but probably dead, if Violet was honest; otherwise she would have tried to find her by now...wouldn't she?) "Was that your mother's favorite song, then? Did she teach it to you?" she said, trying to think of something to say that didn't sound too stupid.

Ash smiled. “Chill out mate. I know you aren’t sneaking. You’re silently walking around and trying to avoid notice.” And then she was comedically tripping over things, like the villain in a spy movie. Nope, that wasn’t sneaking. Not at all. There was a DIFFERENCE. She smiled wider. “If you were sneaking around, which you aren’t, I wouldn’t mind.” Violet was chill, not annoying. And she was kinda cute when she was exasperated(what a wonderful word).

“No, my first Mother has been dead for like, a million years. She couldn’t have taught it to me” It was actually like 13, but that was basically Ash’s entire life. “Her favorite song was Hold on Longer.” She played a few lines.

“Out of breath, underwater
Girl you can hold on longer.”

She shrugged. “It went like that. Father made me learn all the songs. Dunno why. She’s dead.” She liked the music, but other than that, why did it matter? Why did he make her paint and play piano when he seemingly hated art and music? It wasn’t just to turn her into a ‘proper young lady’, she could feel it. There was something else. But she didn’t know what it was. So.