Thread: Balcony
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 10:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Kizzy + Ashley
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post

Okay, but when it was put like that maybe it did sound personal. But it wasn't. It really, really wasn't. It was just that. it was just. It was hard because Emm was involved and all the Kizzy logic malfunctioned when Emm was involved. So it wasn't fair.

"Oh," she replied casually, even though what Ash said wasn't all that casual. "It gets cold at night." Even colder than it was now and it was already kind of chilly. In other news, Kiz didn't think it was a very good idea to sleep out here or maybe it wasn't so much that she thought it was a bad idea. She just. It sounded sad. A sad idea. One that made her feel kind of weird and guilty and not-so-great. Even though she promised not to tell.

"You like feeling small?" Kins repeated the thought in disbelief. She didn't like feeling small. Not really. Feeling small and insignificant was kind of the worst. It was the thing she hated the most, maybe. Insignificant and useless and like she didn't belong. Those were some of the worst feelings.

It was definitely personal.

“I know that.” Ash did this a lot. It was cold. Sometimes she even brought a blanket. Not tonight though. Tonight, it was an alright temperature right now. “I promise to come inside if I start freezing, so that you won’t worry.” But Kinsay always worried. No matter what she did, it was never good enough for Kinsay. She was always just sad and worried, sometimes for no reason.

“I like feeling small. No matter how much I hate a specific day or week or month or year or decade- it’s just a drop in the bucket. Also I’ve lived for 14 years, which is crazy, but the universe has been around for so much longer. And tons of bad things have happened to the universe, but it still lives and we- we still love it.” She looked upwards at the stars. “I come here whenever I feel sad.” Probably she shouldn’t have mentioned that to Kinsay. “And I am preemptively telling you not to blame yourself for all of that.” She paused again, wondering if her next question was allowed or not. “Do you do that too?”