View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 02:11 AM   #21 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

From his place on the mat, Heath returned Professor Euka’s greeting with a polite nod. Claudine’s greeting also got a nod and a slight smile in reply, but there wasn’t time to say much else before the lesson began. He turned his attention to the professor. Yes, he had slept well… or well-ish. He’d lost track of time studying last night and got to bed about three hours later than he’d planned, but he’d live. Wait, they were supposed to be meditating? He didn’t know what that had to do with divination, but he’d give it a go. At least he’d try, but he’d probably fail miserably. HIs thoughts were too loud and chaotic to be quieted by meditation. Must be the Ravenclaw in him…

He tried to block out those thoughts as he emulated Professor Euka’s lotus pose. Taking several deep breaths, he closed his eyes and focused on the sounds around him,,, birds chirping, grass swaying, wind rustling through the trees. It was so peaceful! As he listened, he felt something tickling his hand. At first he thought he’d just imagined it, but the feeling became stronger until he had to stifle a giggle. Opening his eyes, he looked down and saw a stick insect crawling along his hand. Oh, hello there, he thought, not at all bothered by its presence. As he watched it move, he noticed other insects crawling around him. There was a katydid, a cricket, and a grasshopper. Where had they all come from?

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...