Thread: Library
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 12:40 AM   #11 (permalink)
NiallNIP

DERP
Ravenclaw
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan
The Gay Agenda™< >Homiesexual uwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

Atlas really had no business being in the library today, at least not for himself. Sure, there were some books he could be looking up and checking out for some research paper or another...but that was something that future Atlas could worry about. But he wasn't really here today for himself anyway so all that was a moot point. Rather, upon finally unpacking his trunk, he had found a super old (like the binding was barely holding together) herbs and other garden plants little illustrated anthology guidebook something or other that he had found in a junk shop over the summer while doing some shopping with Uncle Andrei. He did not have a particular vested interest in Herbology, but he sure knew someone that did!

Wrapping it up in a couple of old Daily Prophet articles, Atlas began his wandering about the castle to try and find a very particular Ravenclaw when some of his peers had pointed him in the direction of the library. It took a bit weaving through the aisles, and at one point he had gone down the same row of books twice by complete accident, but eventually he spotted his best friend and slid right on over. Without any greeting of sorts, he let the sliding of the newspaper wrapped book do it for him and simply offered a grin.

But then he thought that that might be a little weird and it would also be a bit of a time waster if he didn't offer any sort of explanation.

"This is for you. I found it over the summer and thought you might like it. It was barely even a pound so...don't freak out that I spent too much money or anything."
Quinn was intensely focused on his notes and didn't notice anything was afoot until a little bundle wrapped in newspaper slid its way into view. He blinked and examined the parcel, then looked up to see one of his favorite people in the whole world, which obviously perked him up pretty quick. "Atlas, you really didn't have to get me anything," he said with a chuckle. He turned back to the present and gently unwrapped it, exposing the old book.

The cover may have been nearly falling off, but it was beautiful as anything. It was definitely very nice when it was brand new, but Quinn thought the age added character. As he opened it and flipped through the pages, he didn't see much he didn't already know, but the illustrations were extremely well done. And he hadn't ever owned a book like this... it was actually a very thoughtful gift. The smile on his face only got larger the more he flipped through the pages. "Atlas..." he said, turning back to him with a grin and a gleam in his eye, "I love it!" Quinn giggled and threw his arms around Atlas's neck in a hug. "Oh, thank you, thank you!"

He pulled back and started looking through the book again, then sighed. "Jeez, you always get me such cool gifts... all you ever get from me is yarn... I swear I'm gonna buy you a new Nimbus or something one of these days...."