Thread: Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2021, 12:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
NiallNIP

DERP
Ravenclaw
Imp

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Quinn Kingsley
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kittredge Flannigan
The Gay Agenda™< >Homiesexual uwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watson View Post
The day had finally come. Yes, it was today. The day when Lisa Nam would finally get to see Quinn’s skills in the kitchen. She was super excited! The girl literally bounced her way down the stairs and into the kitchen… She jumped through the door way with hands flung on either side of her to greet her friend and fellow housemate. “Quinnnnnieeeee!!!! Today is the best day EVER!!” Lots of arm flails. And a few bounces over to her friend. She slipped her backpack onto the nearest chair before heading over to peek at what Quinn and started getting out.

So what are you making chef? Tell me what to do and I’ll do it!” She could follow directions fairly well.
Quinn jumped a bit at Lisa's grand entrance. Yep, there was the energy. And the arm flails were an adorable touch. Quinn smiled at Lisa and chuckled. "Hey Lisa! I'm glad you're excited!" Lisa's excitement to actually bake made her even more excited to teach.

Quinn set her hands on the counter, surveying all the ingredients and utensils they'd be using for the cupcakes. "Alright! Today we're going to be making cupcakes! Just regular sponge cake, but I figure we'll have it with some pink frosting. Sound good?"

"I've already measured out the ingredients, so we pretty much just need to combine them together. But! You should start off by mixing the wet ingredients together and then adding in the dry ingredients. So the dry ingredients would be flour, baking powder and salt. The wet ingredients are the vanilla extract, oil, sugar, eggs and milk—it probably seems weird that sugar is a wet ingredient but..." she shrugs, "that's what my Gram told me, and her stuff always turns out great! Oh, but also you don't add the milk into the wet ingredients right at the start..." Quinn was silent for a second before sighing at herself. "Sorry, I'm overexplaining it... I tend to ramble sometimes..." She turns a little red from embarrassment. "The simple first step is to just mix the eggs, sugar, oil and extract together." She pulled over a large mixing bowl and the aforementioned ingredients. Quinn lifted up an egg and held it out to Lisa. "Do you know how to crack an egg?"