Thread: Kitchen
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 04:01 AM   #15 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Ollie
Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
Okay, Ollie got the hint. Ash did not want to talk about this anymore. Moving on.

Really a hole int the wall? Ollie couldn’t even imagine what was going on when that happened. “I don’t think I’m scarred of a lot of stuff… just cautious.” Was it a bad thing to be cautious. No. Or not in her eyes. You could end up in a lot of trouble if you don’t watch what your doing or don’t pay attention to rules and such around you. Plus Ollie wouldn’t want to upset someone and get on their bad side by not paying attention and doing something to upset or irritate them. “Is that a bad thing?”

Ollie could tell Ash was having a hard time understanding what happened, but she did a bad job at explaining it too. It really shouldn’t have been a big deal. She could have easily stopped it from becoming one. Ollie never pushed boundaries or made a fight out of something that she didn’t feel strongly about; but this she felt really strongly about. “I just made plans to go visit friends over the summer. Maybe work at a camp to get some money for travel and stuff. When I told my dad I wasn’t going to stay home with him, he rolled his eyes at me. That just happened to be what set her off. “It was like he thought I was stupid. I repeated myself about going away and he laughed at me. That’s when I started yelling at him…” Okay, she wasn’t really proud of that part. But she couldn’t help all the feelings she had! From him not writing to her all year, not talking to her at Christmas, not even giving her a reason as to why he would be upset with her. Everything just came out at once. “It really was not nice of me, so I understand why he punished me.”

Mhmmm. “There’s nothing wrong with being cautious. But you just admitted to being worried that house elves would yell at you.” Look... that wasn’t normal. This was like when Ash yelled at a cult leader, but in the opposite direction. Ash was WAY too reckless, more reckless than could be easily explained away as a simple personality trait. Ollie was like that, but replace ‘reckless’ with ‘cautious.’ Way more cautious than she should be. Was that because of her dad? Because if it was, she would be very upset.

“Ollie,” she said quietly. “Have you ever read ‘The Tell-Tale Heart’ by Edgar Allen Poe? It’s a short story about a person who kills someone because of their creepy eyes. And the rest of the story is them trying to convince the reader that what they did was completely rational and justified, but the more they try to convince you, the less convincing they are. There’s a bunch of other stuff about guilt and stuff, but that’s just the part I remember.” She took another bite of her food. Ollie sounded like that person right now. She kept saying that this wasn’t a big deal, and that just made Ash think that it was definitely a big deal.

“What do you want to eat?”