Thread: Balcony
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 03:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Kins
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post

Kinsay had never considered herself to be popular - even though sometimes that's all she wanted to be. It was just that she had friends who were popular. It doesn't really count when that's all it is, right? She could tell that Ashley liked to bottle up her emotions though. It's in part why Kins always felt so guilty and terrible in her presence. Like, even when the emotions weren't be felt out loud, she could still tell they were present and making Ash sad. It was hard to ignore. Even quiet emotions can be super loud.

She was glad that they were just talking about the sky. Ash always wanted to talk about the hard things and Kins wasn't ever up to it. Especially not now. So. The sky was the best topic to dive into. Maybe. "Me too," she replied quietly, uncertain about how to feel knowing that she had this in common with Ash. Astronomy was one of her favorite subjects and the tower, one of her favorite places. "The moon's my favorite thing about the sky." It was so reliable. And captivating. And reminded her of home. Especially when home felt so far away.

Kins didn't know what to make of the look Ash gave her. The lack of a smile was a bit unnerving, but she tried to focus on the Ravenclaw's question instead. "... Tell who?" She asked.

Kinsay made Ash feel the worst. If Upstead was sent here by the universe to make her feel despair and regret, Kinsay James was here to make her feel guilt and regret. Could she make the other girl happy, just ONE time? Just one real smile, or one moment where she didn’t wanna go away. Just one positive thought. Anything. Please? Maybe if she was a pureblood... but she wasn’t.

“Wherever I go, I’m with different people in different circumstances. But the moon never changes. Wherever I go, it’s always there. And it always comes back.” She even smiled. GENUINELY. Was that a statement that Kinsay wouldn’t feel bad about? Probably not. She always felt bad, no matter how happy Ash pretended to be or how much she avoided talking about Cambridge or how much she tried to be nice. It just didn’t work. She didn’t even know why she cared. Kinsay wasn’t her friend. She hung out with Cambridge!!! She avoided Ash like the plague!!! They couldn’t ever talk. So why did she care so MUCH about something she couldn’t change? It was dumb. She was dumb to try and fix this.

Ash repeated her question. “If I stayed out here past, would you get me in trouble? I’d- I’d understand if you did.” She didn’t want to get in trouble for this again. But watching the stars was more important. She’d stay out here regardless- she didn’t want to go back to the dorms right now. She wanted to watch the moon until she fell asleep with it watching over her.