Thread: Battlements
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 03:02 AM   #6 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Lame though it may have been, Nem made the necessary leap and picked up on what Titan Flamsteed was getting at before he had even finished his sentence. They couldn't help but wonder, then, if the greatness of the fall was directly correlated with the irretrievability of the break. In the literal sense, yes, usually, though freak survivals did happen. But figuratively? They'd never really given it much thought. Metaphors were all well and good, but only up to a point. Nothing translated perfectly.

Realising they'd fallen silent, Nem focused on Titan's face again as he spoke, and gave him a half smile that dropped away almost instantly. "I have a few theories." One of which had emerged all but fully formed only earlier that day, which had landed them firmly in a state of ambivalence, and which was better not shared. "The divide and conquer thing was clever, but it doesn't work when people are smart enough to see it for what it is. Control tactics, I mean. It was a power play. He also wants to rein me in, and doesn't want me influencing his Gryffindors unless he can manage it. His job is easier if I stand alone." There was probably a metaphor to be found somewhere in there too, but, speaking of reining things in, Nem had been having trouble getting their thoughts under control all day.

"Isolation is powerful, Atlas. It does things to a person, especially if you don't know how to embrace it."

You are Chocolate!