View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 10:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

It was a ridiculous notion, Nem realised as much after thinking on it for a moment. Still, one to keep an eye on, just to be certain. With Flamsteed right in front of them, repeatedly blocking their way and holding them up, Nem would not discount the idea entirely. They recalled their fifth year, and their fourth too. Flamsteed had seemed fond of them, only to apparently take all of what had happened to heart, really just so personally. The previous school year, she'd not even wanted to acknowledge them. Flip of a switch.

"He told me-..." The thought dropped away without warning, leaving a deafening silence behind it. For a minute, Nem said nothing, and when they spoke again it was not to finish the response, but to hone in on that final statement.

"You want me to trust you." Listening ears became 'trust me's became the possession of powerful secrets, as if the balance of power was not already in need of constant tending. Nem wouldn't play this game with two people; there was only so much risk they would allow. "Be a mistake to trust someone who dislikes me so openly." The line was delivered, not in hurt or in venom, but frankly, factually, vacantly.

This time, instead of trying to get past Flamsteed, they turned and started back in the other direction.

You are Chocolate!