Thread: The Domes
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 07:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lady of Light
SlytherinGryffindor
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Natasha Shenoy
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Andrea Bowen
Gryffindor
Third Year
SUMMER FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelliephone View Post
It occurred to Evan as he used her full first name, that he hadn't actually tried clarifying with her before on what her preference in being called was. There was always so many options, he usually tried to be good about clarifying out of respect and yet... somehow he had missed that important step with his yearmate. And while he was embarrassed to have to question it, he'd be even more so mortified if he was unintentionally offending her. "Do you usually go by Valentina or was there something else you preferred?" The nice thing about Evan was there was not many other options. Ev, sure, but that usually happened more organically out of closeness than a preferred way to be addressed.

"Do you still have some places around campus you can use for your dancing?" He heard people liked to use the Room of Requirement, but these domes might have also been a good option. Or even an abandoned classroom somewhere. "My summer was good. Kind of busy, but good. I spent some time visiting extended family with my cousin and that was probably the highlight." There was nothing better than Halmeoni's cooking.
Evan definitely wasn't offending her in any way. Valentina reached out to hesitantly pat the kitten on the back, looking up at the ravenclaw with a smile. "Well, my friends usually call me Val but I don't mind being called Valentina either. It's just something that I'm not really used to." Her parents called her Tina at times so.. she kind of had a few nicknames. She wondered if Evan had any but doubted it. Ev, maybe. But Evan sounded a lot better.

"I prefer the room of requirement. It's the most convenient for me." Empty classrooms were slightly problematic because people preferred to study there sometimes and she didn't particularly like to practice in front of an audience. "That sounds like fun! My family and I went to the beach for a few days." Baylen's wedding was amazing too. She danced the rest of the summer away, basically.