Thread: Accidents & Catastrophes: Employee Break Room
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2021, 11:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
Nordic Witch

DERP & DoM
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmeline Vance
Ravenclaw
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Maria Kingstonsdottir Dolph
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Violet Fawley
Ecological Protection

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Did she hurt anywhere? Jane felt so weak she could barely tell. But there was one sensation she was clearly aware of, a sort of sharp pain mixed with revulsion. But she could barely speak or move. She finally managed to partially lift one hand and gestured vaguely in the direction of her neck.
Oliver remained crouched by the woman's side as he checked her pulse och breathing and looked for other injuries but saw none. She seemed to falling in and out of conciousness. The woman wasn't well enough to speak, but she could lift her hand in the general direction of her neck. A quick study of her neck showed Oliver what looked like bite marks but he wasn't sure by what source. Had it been a creature perhaps? He used his wand to cast a quick spell to ease the woman's pain mumbling. "There, that should do it until I can get you to St Mungos."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
"Oh thank Harry Potter," he muttered when Jane started reacting. Her response wasn't really what he was expecting, although he couldn't really say he was surprise. Jane was very dedicated to her work. "Don't worry Jane. I'll make sure your potion is taken care of." And as it to prove it, he sent off another patronus. This time the silverly husky went bounding off in search of Airey.

"Upstead!" He tried not to show it but he was relieved as the MLE head appeared. It was probably evident in his voice though. "No, it was just Jan- Ms. Howard... The lights were off when I got here - lumos didn't work - but when they came on it was just her... slumped over the table..." He was interrupted by a healer appearing. "No just her... And it's Jane..." He didn't know why, but he reached for Jane's hand knowing the woman would probably hate the show of affection, but Conley would be lying if he said he didn't care for her.
Oliver listened as the department head nearest relayed what little information he had about what had happened to his colleague. Darkness and the woman; Jane slumped over a table. Interesting. "Was Ms Howard unconsiouss when you arrived here Mr Phora? Did you see if she had any other visible injuries or symptoms like headache, nausea?" Oliver wondered, saying nothing about the hand holding. It was clear that Mr Phora knew Jane privately. "Do you wish to accompany Ms Howard to St Mungos Mr Phora?" He questioned quietly. It'd wouldn't be any trouble if he wished to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
Jane floated in a buzzing black cloud, now unaware of any pain or anxiety. She could hear voices buzzing around her, but could not focus on what they were saying, and she was vaguely aware of the sensation of someone holding her hand. She felt she no longer had the strength to speak, but saw no need to now. She just drifted in and out of consciousness, focusing her mind from time to time on the few details she remembered about her attack, because she would probably need to pass that information along later.....
Focusing on his patient, Oliver did a quick assessment of his patient again before he cast a few spells in quick succession. First he cast the sleeping charm on Jane to put her to sleep without pain during the transport to St Mungos. Next he produced a stretcher that he intended to lay Jane on, but first he asked with a look over at the department head kneeling on Janes other side. "Mr Phora would you like to assist me in lifting up Jane on the stretcher?" Or if he didn't, could he please release the woman's hand, so he could work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Jake figured it might be insensitive or callous to so much as insinuate that any of this was a good thing, a helpful development, so made sure to keep his mouth shut on that score. But this, a fresh scene, no fatalities (and if it could stay that way, that would be great, no pressure or anything), might be exactly what the investigating team needed. "Is she well enough to be moved to St Mungo's?" he asked the healer, and then, to Conley and Penelope. "I'll have security do a headcount, and search the Ministry, and we'll get a full team here on the scene as soon as possible." Jake wasn't sure if anything would come of it, when little had before now, but this was an opportunity they needed to grasp with both hands. "Raini ought to be told as well." Preserving the area and starting an investigation on his floor. People liked to be kept in the loop about these things.
Standing up to fix the last things before proceeding to transport Jane to St Mungos Oliver turned to Mr Upstead. Affirming he said in his professional healer tone. "Yes, Ms Howard is well enough for transport Mr Upstead. I've eased some of her pain and have put her to sleep. Is there anything else you'd like me to report to St Mungos?" He didn't say that he knew that this wasn't the first ministry victim.