Thread: Portfolio: a pinch of salt
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 04:28 AM   #117 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mitsuki Rasting
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

SPOILER!!: you lovelies
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Oooh that's super cool! I really love that you're trying this from character perspectives too
I've really been wanting to do one involving my characters but I kept hitting a wall for whatever reason...with this one it just clicked and I suppose it is just a case of not questioning the process very pleased at how nicely Cooper's lined up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassirin View Post
I love those pens so much! That's a really cool approach for this month <3
AREN'T THEY JUST AMAZING! These POSCA fine tip pens are...kind of a mess to work with - not a literal mess, well...that too, but like hard to work with. I prefer the regular ones but that is not good for detail work *alas* I will continue to scream about Ohuhu markers being miracle workers - something that really comes into play with today's!

Sketchtember "Wine"

click for larger view

inspiration SSRPG character Mavis Trent (sweetpinkpixie)
materials Ohuhu brush tip markers, copic fine inking pens 0.3 & 0.1, POCSA fine tip pens

This concept maybe came with a two second delay compared to the previous one, but it was still a pretty instantaneous visual. Once upon a time when I was in Jr high or elementary school or something...I read a Rayearth fanfic where a character's voice was described as being 'rich like wine' and that comparison really struck me and I've kept it with me ever since. So seeing 'wine' as a prompt immediately made me think about rich voices and with Mavis being a musical devotee...it was easy for the rest to fall into place. Wine also elicited a visual of a deep red color and no other musical moment quite captures that 'I AM HERE' while sporting some rich red coloring like the Erik appearing as the Red Death during the Masquerade Ball in the Phantom of the Opera musical.

The Phantom of the Opera is a very significant musical for Mavis too. It's the musical that brought her parents together and has been a constant of hers her entire life. It is also the musical that brought her and her "soulmate," Noah Fence who identifies with and exclusively sings and quotes the Phantom, together one fated day in Ollivanders. Of her bucket list of roles she hopes to be casted in one day, Christine Daaé is at the top of that list.

I am particularly pleased with the way all the reds worked out and blended. There are four different hues of Ohuhu markers represented in that humble ensemble. Some regrets having the heart eyed Mavis!Christine in the background (I could have done a better job with the composition...maybe make it like a comic book page and her in a little circle or something) but overall very satisfied with how this one turned out too.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote