View Single Post
Old 08-24-2021, 04:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Gunnar did know quite a bit about what was going on in Kodee's life, but he also knew he was making progress towards getting his life back on track and that was important. He might not have agreed with many of his past choices, but he was trying to be a supportive friend now.

"Ah, right, okay," he nodded, figuring he did know where Kodee was headed next if he was done for the day. He didn't find it necessary to elaborate or ask more about it. "Have a good rest of your day then."

"Eh.. not really," he shrugged when the conversation turned to his own level. "I mean, it's cool and all, but a lot of my work right now seems to be errand running. Maybe it's because I'm new." He would hope. He didn't like the thought of his education being a waste. Hopefully it would get more exciting or feel more purposeful. "I didn't get to help with the dragons, but that seems to be taken care of now." That would have been an assignment he was sure he would have enjoyed.

There was very little chance he would enjoy the rest of his day. It would be slow, he would be forced into activities he'd rather claw his eyes out than sit through, there would be too many people he didn't care about surrounding him and he wouldn't have the space or the ability to get himself going the way he would've liked.

"Maybe it is because you're new. What's the official title you've got over there again?" He was sure he'd been told, or sure it had come up but he was drawing a blank in the moment. "My job's nothing but errand running. Coffee runs, calendar planning, meetings, note taking." It wasn't at all a fit for someone who tended to jump right out of his skin when he was made to sit still for too long but there it was. "But it's nice having my mates around. Leaving school...everything felt scattered and everyone was going their own way but now we're back together mostly." Al, he could see after work--not anytime soon but for the sake of his own health, that was probably for the best.

Honestly, his friends being there was the only reason he kept the job--that and it provided much needed structure he'd lost when he left Hogwarts.

There was a moment of hesitation as he questioned whether to ask, but in the end, he needed to know. "You haven't...you haven't heard anything from Mackenzie, have you?" The day she'd yelled at him was the last he'd heard from her. Reaching out hadn't done him any good, there was never a response. He just wanted to know she was okay.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.

DaniDiNardo is offline   Reply With Quote