View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 04:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
Kimothy

MO & DMLE
Moke

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Astrid Grimaldi
Slytherin
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sailor Zhang
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Skeet Octavian Sayse
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Ariadne Lysandra Ackerly
Law Enforcement
x12
Kimothée Chalamet • The UWU Agenda • Once Baby, Now Trouble • All Growed Up

Text Cut: Henlo, Ash and Ash's not!dad!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
"Henry! Hey!" Ash was glad to see Henry. He was definitely as hyped as she was. Which was nice. He wasn't killing the vibe. Which was a very ironic thing for ASHLEY CALDER FOX, THE QUEEN OF MISERY, to be thinking about. But she wasn't hypocritical. She found herself rather insufferable when she was sad too. She hoped it wasn't awkward with him or anything... hadn't he dated Mamie at some point? Were they still dating? She didn't think so? Did he know that Ash... it didn't matter. Really. She was being happy today, and she refused to bring down her own mood. "What face paint are you getting? We're getting butterflies, and they may or may not be in the same color." She grinned. Maybe Henry liked butterflies too? Or not. That was fine too.

Dustin laughed and ruffled Ash's hair. "I want blue butterflies. It's up to you whether you'd want the same." He smiled at Henry. He looked like he liked face paint too. Good! Face paint was for everyone. Including six foot six bodyguards named Dustin, and adorable but
usually very sad witches named Ashley. He held out his hand for "Henry" to shake. "I'm Dustin. Ashley's bodyguard. Nice to meet you." Ashley had friends and acquaintances, apparently. That was relieving. Alex would be happy to hear it.

"I'd like to be the queen of butterflies too." Ash looked at Henry anxiously. "Am I allowed to be the queen of three things or is that not fair??? Because I'm already the queen of fairies and the Weasley Swamp... but I didn't think anyone would want those titles. Oh well. I'll just be the queen of butterflies until someone else takes it away from me. Do YOU wanna be the queen of butterflies?" That would be kinda awkward. She supposed if he wanted to be the queen of butterflies, she'd have to give him the title. But maybe he wanted to be the king of face paint? She'd happily let him have that...

Henry was in the middle of deciding whether he preferred a shade of purple over a shade of pink when Ash struck up a conversation with him. Which he's not opposed to! The Hufflepuff enjoyed talking with people, stranger or not, and so the real question was if the other person would be able to handle him. However, when it came to Ash, he supposed, the tables turned. She had lots to express, and that's saying something. "Oh! Well, I'm not really sure yet!" Henry replied and held up both paints in his hands. "I was thinking of just painting only one half of my face, but I haven't settled on anything. Maybe flowers or something sparkly." He was really into the glitter these days, if that wasn't obvious at school when he messed around with sparkly eyeliner. "Butterflies are pretty too! Would you like help with them?" Artsy fartsy Henry liked helping with anything creative.

He then turned towards Ash's dad! Who...turned out to NOT be his dad. Henry's eyes widened at the self-realisation and felt almost sheepish. He instead let out an easy chuckle. "Hiya! Sorry, I honestly thought you were Ash's dad. Nice to meet you!" Henry held both the paints with one hand in order to shake Dustin's hand with his free one. "Butterflies of all colours are pretty!" Henry said with a bright smile. Blue, it is, if that is what bodyguard Dustin desired! "Should I go for purple or pink, though?" He wiggled out the paints towards Ash and Dustin. A second and a third opinion always mattered!

"You would have to unite all three of your realms, then!" Henry suggested eagerly. His parents were an author-illustrator duo, and he felt that would be something his parents would do to make the story work. Isn't that how it is, though? Like, for real? Right?? And then he was offered the title! Henry had never thought of it! "Do the butterflies want me as their leader??" Because that was the REAL question.

___________________________________And the whole wide world is whistling...