Thread: Ilvermorny: The Barns
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2021, 08:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
His dry humour - and the fact he didn't drag the joke on when it reached its peek nicely - was very much appreciated by Jade too, and something she constantly took good notice of when it happened. If only everybody had that class.

But now the matter at hand was getting more and more interesting. "It wasn't laid here. It wasn't dropped from above as it's very much whole still. No scratches." The girl finally reached out a hand and gently touched the shell. "Not particularly warm either." Which was a relief as she now knew for certain it hadn't just come off some animals' inside and/or underneath not too long ago. "Thankfully." She added, retracting her hand but still keeping her eyes on it as she studied it some more. "I'm no creature expert," clearly, "but if I had to guess I'd say an ostrich." Was she joking? Hard to tell. "Or an Occamy? Given where we are." She gestured around the grounds of their magical school.

"What do you say?" And also, how would they confirm it without looking like suspicious nerds taking such an egg into the library?
Takoda continued to peer down at the egg as Jade began speculating about it. She was making some very good observations though he didn't have much to add. "I don't think it was purposely left here either," he did eventually say after thinking it over, then crouching down a bit closer to the egg. "I'm not a creature expert either, but this patch of snow and moss doesn't make for the best nest." Which begged the question of why it was here at all.

"An ostrich?" Takoda raised an eyebrow as he looked back up at her, then cast a slow glance around the grounds. "I'd say an ostrich would be pretty far from home." Deadpan, again. But an occamy might make more sense, if only.. "I'm not sure the egg is silver enough," he started as he rubbed a thumb over the shell as if to rub some dirt off of it. It definitely had something of a sheen to it, but he was unsure. "Do they get more silver as they mature?" Like by the time they baby was ready to hatch? He might have been absent from class the day they learned that.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line
emjay is offline   Reply With Quote