View Single Post
Old 07-29-2021, 02:20 AM   #11 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Brody
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post

Brody was amused but not in the least bit surprised that Kalen didn’t seem to notice his flirts. But was not amusing was the fact that he simply was not speaking about Kalen’s girlfriend. Who cared about her? Certainly not him. Hang on… Anna Meriwether? Yes, Brody knew Anna but not that well. “She was Gryffindor’s Quidditch captain. Yes, I remember her.” Was his tone suddenly unenthusiastic? Indeed it was. Kalen would be totally off; Brody was, in fact, someone who loved Quidditch. He just hadn’t opted to play professionally or even at Hogwarts.

“It was revolting but you get over it. Or at least I did.” Brody wasn’t boasting or anything but he secretly hoped that Kalen would be impressed. He thought that Kalen would be the type who would pass out or faint at the sight of bloo- ohh. Kalen was touching him. Immediately Brody started to smirk, not minding the hand on his arm at all. “Thanks. I’ll keep that in mind.” When it came to his feelings, they weren’t something that he usually talked about. The gesture from Kalen was very nice all the same. Brody felt rather disappointed when Kalen removed his hand but you wouldn’t know it for he maintained his cool exterior.

He stood there for now, listening to the jumble of sentences and questions. Brody wondered if anyone ever found it all annoying. No, not him. He was used to Kalen’s babbles which was surprising as the two hadn’t known each other for long now. The Coordinator’s gaze fixed on Kalen’s face as the other young man’s eyes raked him over. Brody was quite tempted to ask Kalen if he liked what he saw. Instead he shrugged. “Healthy diet, I suppose. My aunt takes really good care of me. Negative on the tea. I prefer coffee.”

At the mention of Level seven, Brody perked up. He doubted that Kalen knew that he was related to the Quidditch Division Manager. “You’re already here, why not complete what you came for? If you like, I can walk there with you.”

Quidditch captain? Yep that sounded like his Anna. But why did Brody suddenly sound like he didn't like her. Had he known her in school? Maybe they hadn't gotten along. It was odd to think of someone not getting along with Anna, but then Anna had told him about her sworn enemy. Only he had thought she was talking an enemy on the pitch. Perhaps it was best to change the subject.

Brody would have been wrong about Kalen passing out at the sight of blood. He was studying to be a healer after all. Blood came with the territory. As did other bodily fluids - none of which really bothered him. But he was too busy being impressed by the fact that Brody, apparently had not been phased. Not even a little bit. "Well, I wish things like that rolled off my back as easily as they seem to yours. I bet your patronus is a duck."

"Your aunt?" he asked raising an eyebrow at him. Not his mom or dad or a grandparent or a girlfriend or boyfriend. He wasn't judging. After all, the only family he had in the country was his half-crazy grandfather. "Well, whatever she's doing, she did a good job. And tea has more health benefits. And more options. I can't believe you don't drink tea. I thought all Brits drank tea." His own mother was obsessed with it.

He was still hesitant about going anywhere in the Ministry without tossing a coin in the fountain, but he felt compelled now finish his business. Especially now that Brody had offered to walk with him. "You're not busy?" He turned starting towards the lifts.