Thread: Ecological: Pets 'n' Plants Café
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2021, 12:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Conley did laugh this time. The man could try, but he wasn’t likely to succeed. And if they did try, it would have to be with mundane plants. Conley had a wee aversion to magical ones thanks to a chomping cabbage in his 5th year. If one looked closely, he still had bite marks on his behind… ”I wouldn’t want to subject any of your precious plants to my gardening skills. It would be akin to torture I’m sure. I’m afraid my gardening skills are as good as my pancake making.” Surely the man had seen his attempts at cooking at the recent breakfast orientation? He was still shocked that nobody had complained about food poisoning. Then again, perhaps people were just being polite in not telling him?

He took a long sip of tea as he considered Forrest’s suggestion. Maybe the conspiratorial way that Forrest was leaning in and whispering was making him think he should just take the cat up to his office. Forrest was, after all in charge of the café and certainly didn’t have a problem with Conley taking him. For a moment he was 12 again and about to give in without any thoughts….

And then adult Conley kicked back in. He’d have to give it more thought. Especially since he wasn’t always around his offices. He’d hate for the cat to be lonely. Down here at least he company in the form or other animals. Still, Forrest’s suggestion to just pick up a few supplies on his way into work was awfully tempting. He returned the man’s mischievous grin. ”Perhaps Level 5 has an infestation that I need to borrow a cat for?” He laughed. Because he couldn’t believe the Ministry would ever have an infestation that would warrant needing a cat on his level.

”Indeed. She takes after Sachin.” Not only in looks, but also in attitude. Sass and teasing seemed to come easy for both of them. Especially when directed in Conley’s direction. He wasn’t complaining. Not at all. In fact, it had been exactly what he had hoped for when the adopted her; a mini-Sachin. Not for the first time, he found himself wondering what house she would be sorted into Hogwarts. Well, IF she went to Hogwarts. They still had to wait and see about her magical abilities. ”I thought rule number one was make sure they had clothes on before they run out of the house?” Had that happened to him? Yes. Was he going to admit it? No.
Judging from Conley’s laugh, he had a little scepticism and that was fine. Not everyone had the ability to tend to plants. Although, some simply required very little attention other than being out in the sun and a little water every so often. Was that really too much to ask? “Oh I wouldn’t give you one of my plants. You’d have to grow one from scratch. Just something basic. Nothing too time consuming or demanding. Nice and easy.” With a fatherly smile that turned into a little laugh, he simply shook his head a little and shrugged then. “Don’t worry. I won’t drop in on you and just give you one. If you want to try though, come by my office and we can sort you out with a few things.” Forrest had indeed seen his attempts at making pancakes and they were…interesting to say the least, but he had faith.

If he was being honest with himself, Forrest didn’t really have all that much faith in the other man’s ability to break the rules. Or rather, test them a little and see where the line is and possibly stick a toe over it and he couldn’t really blame him. But then came the mischievous smile and for a moment, the older gentleman was slightly shocked. “Sounds like something you’d need to borrow a cat for my friend.” That story was the perfect cover for level 5 but what about level 4? His level? That certainly wouldn’t work for him and his little cruppy friend. “I’m not sure what I’m going to do about my little friend here though,” gesturing towards the little cruppy who had just moved to a seated position in his lap.

“She sounds adorable Conley.” He could sit here all day and listen to Conley talk about his children and then throw a few things into the mix about his own too. He had so many stories about them growing up amongst the flowers and the mud that it would take years to finish and he would not put the poor man through this. “I suppose that is an important rule but not the be all and end all,” mainly because there were baby gates and doors? Did Conley not close the doors after himself? Then again, perhaps he had one of those open floor homes with lots of space and doorways. “I think the real, real number one rule is just to do your best,” that was all a parent could do really.
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote