View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 02:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
FearlessLeader19
WWW & Potterdom Mod
Newbie Mod

DMLE & DIMC
Wrackspurt

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Dhruv Vihaan Khanna
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aryan Atreyu-Rehman
Slytherin
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Nova Leigh Paton
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Brody Hawthorne-Melo
International Cooperation

x12 x12
~ Mrs. Steve Harrington ~ It be like that sometimes.

SPOILER!!: Kalen <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Brody’s eyes were big when he did that. Did he know that? Kinda like a owl. Who knew the man was so expressive? Kalen didn’t. In every encounter they had, Brody seemed so… stoic. Kalen realized he was staring and licked his lips a little. ”Umm….” Was he smirking? Ok. Now Kalen felt like Brody was messing with him a little bit.

”Didn’t I?” He pushed up his sleeves a little. ”You’re probably the first person to say I don’t babble. Even my gir – Anna… well she says I babble. Although she thinks it’s cute. And nerdy. She calls me a nerd all the time.” Dear Merlin man… get it together. Brody probably didn’t want to hear about his girlfriend. No it didn’t occur to him that he failed to finish the word ‘girlfriend’ either. Oh great Potter’s ghost, she was going to kill him if she ever found out. ”It’s because I read. A – lot. Mostly for school, but I also like fict-Drama?” And then that smirk was gone and Brody’s stoic look was back.

Crimson water? Well, didn’t that sound delightful. He shoved his knut back into his pants pocket. It seemed he wasn’t going to be able to toss his ceremonial coin into the fountain today. ”Where you there?” he asked turning to face the man. He was surprised to find he kind of hoped Brody hadn’t been.

And then Brody was facing him. He swallowed hard. ”Well, yeah. And no- maybe… I don’t know!” He was getting a little flustered again. ”The one and only time I didn’t toss a coin in, I got chicken pox. It wasn’t pretty. Blotches all over, itching, fever, being too tired to read or sleep…have you ever gotten chicken pox?”

Brody had never thought of it. Then again, he rarely raised his eyebrows. Kalen would be right in the way of thinking that Brody was usually stoic. Brody’s eyes strayed pointedly to Kalen’s lips. Pointedly because Kalen seemed to be oblivious to the fact that he was being flirted with. It was either that or the other man had no intention of acknowledging the flirting.

Brody was patient, listening to all the chatter without interruption. Not even the remarks about Kalen’s girlfriend phased him. “She’s right. It’s cute. Very cute. You should babble more.” If he had been the one dating Kalen, then he would be more than happy to stay quiet for most of the time and listen to all that babbling. Brody glanced at the covered Fountain then nodded. “I was. It was something very shocking to see.” He would spare Kalen the details; he had the impression that Kalen was the soft type - anything unpleasant would bother him.

As he watched Kalen then, it only occurred now to him that he made the other young man nervous. The thought amused him. “We can’t have your face being all splotchy again, can we? Why not try the Fountain at Diagon Alley? Not sure if that Fountain will help but it’s worth the shot, right?’’ Then Brody was shaking his head. “I don’t get sick easily.” He wasn’t bragging but had said it casually as though commenting on the day’s weather.

The ones in books who are as perfect as they can be.🌺🌺🌺
FearlessLeader19 is offline   Reply With Quote