Thread: Balcony
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 12:04 AM   #56 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

SPOILER!!: because who doesn't love the colour purple! and Ravenclaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermionesclone View Post

If he was being honest, Sammy didn't understand anything about ~this~. Why was she pausing so much? Was there something wrong? Something he was missing? Whatever it was, he couldn't help but hope she wasn't here to threaten him for kissing her roommate.

But then she said no and so, there were other things to worry about. Like heights. The realisation was sinking in, making him say very softly, "Ohhhh." This was really personal, wasn't it? He silently hoped she wasn't expecting him to say one of his fears because......

....... well.

Instead, the third year looked down at the grounds, and then back up again. "Maybe just focus on the mountains, instead. Or something that's eye-level, you know? Might be easier for you." It was at this point that he crossed his legs and scooted backwards as best as he can - which was still very awkwardly done. "Oh, I don't know." He came to a stop when he was sitting right next to her. "I was bored so I found this little spot. Thought the view was nice enough to make me forget about that Defence homework we have." Cue a cheeky, dimpled smile for being so funny.

Sitting down with her legs crossed and her eyes firmly fixed on ahead of her on Sammy, Ingrid did her best not to look crazy like it most likely looked but the struggle was indeed real. With the ohhhh that slipped out between his lips though, he seemed to grasp the situation relatively quickly.

Was her fear personal? Not really. It was neither irrational or uncommon. Despite this though, she still somehow managed to feel embarrassed and slightly rosy cheeked as she looked back at him. “Don’t look down you fool! You might fall!” her eyes wide as he turned away to look down and then back at her.

“S-sorry. I…just try to focus on one thing and then kind of not look away. Mountains. They’re large. People fall from high up on mountains so umm…maybe not those.” God she was such an embarrassment. Scared so heights. Scared to look at something miles away because it was so large. And high. And dangerous.

Had she not been stressing over the fact that he was moving so close to the edge, she may have laughed at the awkward way he did it. As it was though, she simply exhaled a little as he moved away from it. “I’d take that homework any day of the week over sitting near that edge. Any. Day.” She for one though didn’t mind homework in general so it didn’t really matter. “I guess it is a nice spot. You know. The view. It’s pretty. From a distance,” she added at the end. Ingrid had no idea how people could spend so much of their time up in the air on brooms trying to catch balls and such. Some people really were insane.