Thread: Ecological: Pets 'n' Plants Café
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 10:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
The man seemed to really be in love with his garden. If it wasn't so fitting, Conley might have laughed. Instead he just smiled. "You're own garden? I think that's brilliant. Mine just show me the loch near my childhood home. Relaxing, but not nearly that intimate. I'm sure your wife is a fine gardener. Unlike me. I can't keep a cactus alive let alone a tomato plant. What do you grow? Plants are not my forte." He had only passed potions and herbology thanks to his dear friend Tally. As for not wanting to talk ill of a spouse? Well, Conley understood that too. Then again, he rarely had something ill to say about either of his spouses. Sachin was, in his mind, was near perfect and the other? Well, he was a firm believer is not talking ill about the dead. Not that Elodie had ever done anything to warrant Conley to complain about either.

He and Sachin would have likely had a similar conversation to Forrest's and his wife, only Sachin would not have, for one minute, believed that Conley would have taken care of the the cat. Half the time, Conley couldn't even remember to feed himself, let alone a cat. He was, however, quite good with making sure that Radhika was well taken care of. He chalked it up to fatherly instinct. "I'm not sure if we are. Which is why I haven't scooped him up." He laughed. He apparently hadn't thought it out because bringing the cat back hadn't even occurred to him. "I was mostly worried about a littler box and cat food..." He scratched his cheek as he thought about it. It probably wasn't a good idea to take the cat up to level 5, then again, maybe having a department level pet could be interesting. Clearly, Conley was not that familiar with cat habits or else he would have immediately thought of the cat knocking things off surfaces, stealing things, and bringing dead gifts for people.

"Springer Spaniels are beautiful." Besides what they were and how the looked, Conley wasn't that familiar with the breed. Creatures - yet another subject he wasn't great at. So he grappled onto a topic he could discuss. "She really has started to get into things. The other day, she somehow got into my briefcase. I found all my papers in the dog bowl." He had only been able to salvage a few too. "Learned my lesson the hard way about leaving things on my desk." Well, at least unlocked. "How old are your grandkids?" If they were anywhere close to Radhika, perhaps a play date could be arranged.
“I just couldn’t bare to be away from it if I’m being honest. I so wanted to come back and work here again but I just needed it to remind me of what I’ve got at home waiting for me to. It makes things a little brighter that’s for sure.” Reaping the rewards of planted produce was second to almost nothing. “Now, now. Don’t say that or you’ll end up being my own personal project. I can turn anyone into a competent gardener if nothing else.” Maybe not a competent herbologist but certainly a gardener. As with anything, it came with experience and knowing what you’re growing and he had that in abundance. There were times even when he thought about writing a book and he would have too if it had not been for his lack of confidence and a busy schedule.

Forrest paused at that moment because there was part of him, a younger more brash part, that simply didn’t care about the rules. In his youth, this cruppy would have been in his shirt and back in his office with a bed under the desk and a cruppy door built into his own. Right now though, with a reputation to hold up and people looking up to him for guidance…he only cared slightly more. The cruppy was coming with him. It was just a case of when and how we have going to tell his wife. “How about we just…make the rule now. Say that we can and then wait to see if we get into trouble?” he whispered now, learning forward with a slightly mischievous smile on his bearded face. Even at his age, there was just a level of energy that he always had that simply kept him on the move, just like this cruppy who seemed to be slowly coming out of its stupor with its mouth wide, mid-yawn. “That’ll be easy. Just bring a few things into work in a box next day. Sprinkle a little cat food in there and you’re done.” He really hoped the people on his floor paid more attention to the rules than he did.

Settling back into his chair, he watched the cruppy for a while before nodding in agreement before laughing at the image Conley had painted with his words about all of his papers in the dog’s bowl. He himself had been on the receiving end with something similar only for him, it had been something a little less pleasant than the dog’s bow. “Oh wow. I love that. So full of energy and mischief. You’ve got your hands full there my friend. Anything left out is always fair game. Rule number one,” and there were many rules when it came to raising children. So many it made your head hurt and they always kept changing. Still, he wouldn’t change any of them for the world. They were as much a part of him as he was of them.
aRogueOne is offline   Reply With Quote