View Single Post
Old 07-13-2021, 02:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Regulus Prince
Slytherin
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Gabi could practically HEAR Armen shouting I was DEMOTED, not FIRED in her ear as Nemesis spoke and suppressed a small chuckle at the idea of it. Truthfully, Nem brought up a lot of good points. Even though Gabi was definitely walking on eggshells around him at all times - and part of her cringed at the idea of her being cautious around a TEENAGER - she certainly wasn't about to act like a savior and attempt to fix the situation. What was done was done. All she could do was try and keep things from falling apart completely and help rebuild.

"I have to say I do agree with you there," she said with a nod. Could you imagine SCHMOE as Nemesis' Head of House? Good Merlin, what a disaster that would be. "Believe it or not I've been around a long time and learned a long time ago that things aren't as cut and dry as we'd like them to be. I want to do what I can to help you, Mister Upstead, at least as much as you will allow me. Because while I still don't agree with your actions last term...I know from personal experience that in those situations, we have to do what we think we have to do."
Funny thing about that; more often than not, Nem knew exactly what they could say that would have people agreeing with them, just as they knew exactly how to cause an uproar with just a few well-placed words. It all went hand in hand.

Still. Didn't necessarily make it less true.

They bit back the provocation - 'I believe it' - and allowed Recard to finish, still tapping their fingers, incessant yet not obnoxious. "I always thought it was obvious, that life isn't so straightforward." It was an unfortunate truth that though Nem expected very little from the people around them, and knew that nobody really saw things like they did, they still occasionally became frustrated when those people proved them right. They had, at least, been prepared for the fact that nobody would even try to think critically about what had happened last year. In that, Nem's expectations had actually been exceeded once or twice. "I suppose I'd have been more surprised if you did agree."

Anyway. "But I'm not sure there's anything you can do. To help, I mean." Merlin, if that didn't sound ultra dramatic. "What I mean is, I can look after myself just fine, always have. There's nothing wrong with me, nothing I need help with." Understanding was all well and good, but only when it applied in practice, otherwise there was no point to it. Time would tell with that.

You are Chocolate!