View Single Post
Old 07-12-2021, 02:57 AM   #18 (permalink)
Lissy Longbottom
Potterdom Mod
Book Club Mod

DMAC & DoM
Giant

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Moritz Schultz (#0f667e)
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Nancy Schultz (#ac6f77)
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jabari Rahal (#c54031)
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Calloway Bennigan (#b8b323)
Accidents & Catastrophes
x11 x1
curly haired prefect - "sometimes I get angry!" - 30/90 - *chicken emoji* - probably @ Disney - I speak dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash had thought she said everything inside her head. For one scary moment, she thought Recard was reading her mind. But a more logical answer would have been that Ash had said something out loud and thought she said it mentally. She did that a lot. Even though she had a near-perfect memory, it was hard to tell which memories were dreams and which ones were real. Which things were thoughts and which things were words. Incidentally, that was part of the reason she was coming to see Recard.

She shifted uncomfortably on her feet. Technically, she could have sat down, but she didn't and it wasn't like she had been told to or anything.

"Do you know stuff about like... memories? And conscious and unconscious thoughts and how that all works?" She pointed at the side of her own head. "How it all works in the brain or whatever?" She sighed, not entirely sure she was being coherent. Had she even said the words? Or was Recard just watching her not talk? No, no. It was alright. She was sure that she could remember her mouth moving. SO assuming that they were both in reality right now, Recard had definitely heard her say something.

Maybe, Ash thought anxiously, it would have been better to go to the divination professor. But she didn't WANT to go to the divination professor. So she hoped Recard knew how minds worked. Maybe? Maybe not. Maybe she should have never came. But it was too late for that. Oops.
Gabi paused for a moment, thinking over Ashley's question. "Not particularly, no. Unfortunately I don't think there are a whole lot of people at this school who may be of help - what you're talking about is very complex magic," she explained. Memories, the unconscious thoughts and desires everyone had...that was some DEEP stuff. Far beyond the comprehension of a third year in her opinion.

But...

"I used to work heavily with charms, and may have some background information...if you care to elaborate on what you're exactly looking for," she added with an eyebrow raise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
Ideas? Nemesis would never. They were an idea free zone. Don't even worry about it.

"Fired," they said, and though maybe it could have been a question, it was not. They knew already that Armen Recard had been relieved of his Department Head position after the Cult of Walpurgis fell. Any information once published was easily available, if a person was thorough enough in their search, but records of old Daily Prophets were not exactly hard to find. Because Nem hadn't even come across this information while looking up cults, but in the process of doing a casual background search on Gabriela Recard herself. Ever since first year, it had been the natural thing to just look and see if there was anything useful or interesting about any of their professors, anything available in the public (or maybe less so) domain. Occasionally - case in point - there was.

But anyway. "It works out well that you're my Head of House, if you think about it. I could've had the one who's scared of me, or the one who makes no secret of hating my guts, or the one with a savior complex who's determined to get one over on me." Speaking of, Trent, never going to happen. Maybe he was the Headmaster, total dominion over the school, et cetera, et cetera, but this was one hold he didn't have. He could only pull rank if Nem gave him good reason. "But you're close to someone who... well, our situations aren't the same, but there are clear similarities. That counts for something, doesn't it? Even if it's just... I don't know, an understanding that these things are not as straightforward as everyone would like to believe. And coming to terms with it afterwards." Nem drummed their fingers again, staring across at Recard unfalteringly, jaw tightening for just a moment before their expression cleared again. "Not that things are likely to get better, but they could be worse. No doubt."
Gabi could practically HEAR Armen shouting I was DEMOTED, not FIRED in her ear as Nemesis spoke and suppressed a small chuckle at the idea of it. Truthfully, Nem brought up a lot of good points. Even though Gabi was definitely walking on eggshells around him at all times - and part of her cringed at the idea of her being cautious around a TEENAGER - she certainly wasn't about to act like a savior and attempt to fix the situation. What was done was done. All she could do was try and keep things from falling apart completely and help rebuild.

"I have to say I do agree with you there," she said with a nod. Could you imagine SCHMOE as Nemesis' Head of House? Good Merlin, what a disaster that would be. "Believe it or not I've been around a long time and learned a long time ago that things aren't as cut and dry as we'd like them to be. I want to do what I can to help you, Mister Upstead, at least as much as you will allow me. Because while I still don't agree with your actions last term...I know from personal experience that in those situations, we have to do what we think we have to do."

Lookin' like a true survivor_________________________________feelin' like a little kid