Thread: Ecological: Pets 'n' Plants Café
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2021, 08:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Forrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
“I know. When I came back, I asked for the view to be enchanted so that I could see my garden from back home you see. Just so I could keep an eye on it,” a wistful smile on his face for a moment before he paused and processed what he’d said. “Not that I don’t trust my wife of course. She truly is an excellent witch and gardener.” Why he was acting like she could hear him he did not know. The idea of speaking ill of her though just didn’t sit right however. Not at all. To speak ill of people who could not defend themselves is something that he simply did not do. “It does however make it hard to focus on my work at times.”

Laughing now, he nodded because he knew full well how that argument would go, or at least, if it was between him and Jules.
SPOILER!!: Forrest and Jules argument about the cruppy coming home
Jules: ‘Forrest, why did you bring that cruppy home?’
Forrest: ‘It needed a home dear. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it. You won’t have to do a thing.’
Jules: *Scoffs at him incredulously*
Forrest: *Hugs his wife*
Jules: *Gives in*

“I know what you mean but I guess, if it’s something that you want then why not? Animals truly do make the best of friends.” He’d only been on level four for a few days and here he was biggin’ up the magical creatures side. If he was being honest though, the two dogs that they had at home along with the grandchildren and the garden and now his work kept him more than busy. Taking the cruppy up to his office though…now that sounded like a splendid idea. But were they allowed? “Are we allowed? You know…would we have to smuggle them back or something?” because it seemed a little bit absurd that ministry employees would be allowed pets in their offices. The again, maybe it was a new rule for the heads of department. “We have two springer spanials. Full of energy and always excitable,” he added in response to the mans description of his chocolate lab. “Chocolate labs truly are so beautiful though.”

With the cruppy dolefully snoring on his lap without a care in the world, Forrest continued to stroke it slowly, only stopping to play with its cute, soft, little ears. “Beautiful name. Two really is when they start to get into
everything. Crawling everywhere and trying to put everything into their mouth.”
It was hard not to think back to when his own children were that age all those years ago. Now they had long flown the coup and had come back with their own children. Time was such a strange thing. “I know what you mean. My two absolutely adore the grandchildren when they stay over although it’s the dogs that do the chasing in our house,” but that was mainly due to the grandchildren stealing their toys and running away with them. “I have seven amazing grandchildren and three children,” sighing a little now as he melted a little more inside. Could it have been to do with the little stretch the cruppy just have or was it at the thought of his family? Who could say?

The man seemed to really be in love with his garden. If it wasn't so fitting, Conley might have laughed. Instead he just smiled. "You're own garden? I think that's brilliant. Mine just show me the loch near my childhood home. Relaxing, but not nearly that intimate. I'm sure your wife is a fine gardener. Unlike me. I can't keep a cactus alive let alone a tomato plant. What do you grow? Plants are not my forte." He had only passed potions and herbology thanks to his dear friend Tally. As for not wanting to talk ill of a spouse? Well, Conley understood that too. Then again, he rarely had something ill to say about either of his spouses. Sachin was, in his mind, was near perfect and the other? Well, he was a firm believer is not talking ill about the dead. Not that Elodie had ever done anything to warrant Conley to complain about either.

He and Sachin would have likely had a similar conversation to Forrest's and his wife, only Sachin would not have, for one minute, believed that Conley would have taken care of the the cat. Half the time, Conley couldn't even remember to feed himself, let alone a cat. He was, however, quite good with making sure that Radhika was well taken care of. He chalked it up to fatherly instinct. "I'm not sure if we are. Which is why I haven't scooped him up." He laughed. He apparently hadn't thought it out because bringing the cat back hadn't even occurred to him. "I was mostly worried about a littler box and cat food..." He scratched his cheek as he thought about it. It probably wasn't a good idea to take the cat up to level 5, then again, maybe having a department level pet could be interesting. Clearly, Conley was not that familiar with cat habits or else he would have immediately thought of the cat knocking things off surfaces, stealing things, and bringing dead gifts for people.

"Springer Spaniels are beautiful." Besides what they were and how the looked, Conley wasn't that familiar with the breed. Creatures - yet another subject he wasn't great at. So he grappled onto a topic he could discuss. "She really has started to get into things. The other day, she somehow got into my briefcase. I found all my papers in the dog bowl." He had only been able to salvage a few too. "Learned my lesson the hard way about leaving things on my desk." Well, at least unlocked. "How old are your grandkids?" If they were anywhere close to Radhika, perhaps a play date could be arranged.