Thread: Ecological: Pets 'n' Plants Café
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 03:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Forrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
When it came to referring to people by their first name, Forrest had always found it…odd in a way. It felt rude. Unjust almost to simply say their first name when the use of Sir, Madam or Mr was just as easy and for more polite and showed so much more respect. So lost in thought was he that he completely missed the ‘Durr’ face of Mr Singh-Phora. “Nonsense. Nonsense. I wasn’t deep in thought. I was just lost in thought. I would only class it as deep if it was on something of interest but it was only more work-related thoughts,” not that he was calling his work boring. He really did actually enjoy it when he was around the plants and not shut up in his office or attending meetings. “I know exactly what you mean. I’ve been stuck up in my office all morning trying to focus on work. Truth be told, I’ve spent most of it looking out my window at my garden. Having his window show his garden from home had either been a stroke of genius or an error of judgement. To look at it made him so calm but it also distracted him from his work to no end. So many of the rare and beautiful plants required so much care and attention and had taken him and his wife Jules such a long time to grow that it almost pained him to be away from them.

Blinking a few times, he refocused his attention from his garden and nodded. “Of course. Why not? It seems awfully fond of you for something doesn’t actually belong to you. I think it’s claimed you,” and judging from the meows of the thing, it seemed that it agreed with him too. Giving the man a knowing smile such as only an old and wise grandfather could, Forrest patted his lap and watched as the cruppy jumped back up. To say his heart melted when the cruppy curled into a minute ball and began to snore was an understatement. God help when he got home with the thing. “Your husband may end up making you sleep on the settee but at least you’ll have the cat for company. Or rather, you’ll be in a chair because the cat will take the settee. I don’t know if you’ve ever had a pet before but they tend to take over the whole house and command any space that you want.” That was at least his experience having owned several dogs throughout the years.

“Aha, you have children? How old? What’s her name? My wife and I, we have three but they’ve all left the nest but we seem to have somehow have come into the possession of more. So many grandchildren you wouldn’t believe,” and he wouldn’t change it for the world.

Looking out the window? ”I’ve had plenty of those days.” Too many, if he were honest. So Conley ust gave him a warm understanding smile. Forrest would find no judgement here. Somedays it was hard to focus on work when there was so much more in his life that was important. He’d spent so many years focused on work, back when he didn’t have a family that now, all he wanted to do some days was be home with Sachin and Radhika and Duke.

He laughed lightly as he started scratching the cat’s head in order to get it to stop head butting him. It did seem rather fond of him. Was that a selling point? ”Perhaps. But I’m not sure Sachin would see it that way though. Well, maybe eventually…” Adoption was still probably the best angle to play if he knew his husband. And he did know his husband pretty well which is why he hadn’t brought the cat home yet. ”I will say I’ve been tempted to take him up to my office.” He confessed. He wasn’t even sure if he could do that or if the cat would be happy there but thinking about it certainly wasn’t a crime. ”Oh I’d have company. We have a chocolate lab…he’s very cuddly.” Although Duke’s affections had seemed to transfer just a little more to Radhika in the past two years.

The cat started purring loudly as it finally settled down, which in turn seemed to send a soft contentment through Conley. ”Radhika is two.” Was he beaming? Probably. He was very proud to be a father and most people didn’t like to hear about other people’s kids so he usually tried not to bore people. ”She recently started talking and found her sea legs. Chases the dog all over the house. The dog pretends not to like it, but I can tell he enjoys the attention.” He took a sip of his tea. ”How many grandchildren do you have?” he asked returning the opportunity for Forrest to babble on about his family. Unlike most people, Conley enjoyed learning about other’s personal lives.