View Single Post
Old 07-08-2021, 03:09 PM   #46 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Atlas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

When Atlas wanted to insult someone, it was obvious. Or so he thought. In this moment he was doing nothing more than stating his unfiltered truth and opinion. He wasn't even sure when she had started taking notes, he had been preoccupied from the beginning with his tarantula anyway and making sure she didn't crawl elsewhere...so his eyes hadn't exactly been focusing on the Ravenclaw. Since she had answered her own question in the next breath, he decided that it would be pointless to say otherwise. He liked lists and making them, but now knowing she was making one on this topic had him feeling all kinds of queasy.

"...not...really...I'd rather just leave." Again, just being honest. It felt less like her trying to understand and more just...collecting data. Like she was taking a survey on the preference of donut flavors or whether or not one like hot tea or ice tea.

There was the smallest of nods of agreement when she complimented Araneus, who was much much MUCH more than just nice but he was sure that she okay with lukewarm compliments.

Hey, Ash was a Ravenclaw. She liked to make lists. She liked to do research. She liked to see what made people uncomfortable. Atlas did seem to be uncomfortable with this whole 'making a list of bad things about myself' thing. People always got uncomfortable around this point, when she asked them exactly what their problem was with her. She thought that Atlas would be different, but apparently not. She sighed. Maybe there would be someone else who disliked her that she could ask.

She turned back to her artwork and laughed hollowly. "Next time you see me, I'll be all fixed." It was a joke, obviously. There were some things that she didn't see as problems. And there were some things that couldn't be fixed. There might not even be a 'next time we see each other', and that was probably good for both of them.

If Atlas was listening closely (no guarantee that he was), he could maybe here an faint "I'll ask Upstead next." They were the only other option. She had already talked to Kinsay, Emmerson was of no use, and Ash didn't know who else to ask. Plus, they didn't seem like they'd get too uncomfortable if she asked "what are my character flaws?"