View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 04:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Felixir

Book Club Mod

Alley Proprietor

MO & DoM
Banshee

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Upstead
Gryffindor
Third Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurelio Kaiser
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daxton Prince
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Nikolai Kaiser
Minister's Office

Diagon Alley Employee:
Ezekiel Ransom-Kruus
Ollivanders
x12 x12
Lovely™ | Captain Hurted | Ariana's Bane | Resident Antagonist | Unparalleled Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post
Surprisingly, this was the first time in four terms that anyone had ever brought up Armen and his relation to the cult. Which was to be expected - SHE had been the one to bring it up, after all. She nodded. "Yes, that was Armen, my husband," she explained. She could feel her cheeks heating up just a bit - the cult had been a part of their lives they'd kept trying to push away and that had been nearly impossible since last term.

"We met after the cult fell apart," she added, JUST in case they were getting any ideas. "He lost everything at the Ministry because of the cult."
Ideas? Nemesis would never. They were an idea free zone. Don't even worry about it.

"Fired," they said, and though maybe it could have been a question, it was not. They knew already that Armen Recard had been relieved of his Department Head position after the Cult of Walpurgis fell. Any information once published was easily available, if a person was thorough enough in their search, but records of old Daily Prophets were not exactly hard to find. Because Nem hadn't even come across this information while looking up cults, but in the process of doing a casual background search on Gabriela Recard herself. Ever since first year, it had been the natural thing to just look and see if there was anything useful or interesting about any of their professors, anything available in the public (or maybe less so) domain. Occasionally - case in point - there was.

But anyway. "It works out well that you're my Head of House, if you think about it. I could've had the one who's scared of me, or the one who makes no secret of hating my guts, or the one with a savior complex who's determined to get one over on me." Speaking of, Trent, never going to happen. Maybe he was the Headmaster, total dominion over the school, et cetera, et cetera, but this was one hold he didn't have. He could only pull rank if Nem gave him good reason. "But you're close to someone who... well, our situations aren't the same, but there are clear similarities. That counts for something, doesn't it? Even if it's just... I don't know, an understanding that these things are not as straightforward as everyone would like to believe. And coming to terms with it afterwards." Nem drummed their fingers again, staring across at Recard unfalteringly, jaw tightening for just a moment before their expression cleared again. "Not that things are likely to get better, but they could be worse. No doubt."

You are Chocolate!