Thread: Ecological: Pets 'n' Plants Café
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 01:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Forrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by aRogueOne View Post
With his mind on the comings and goings of his department this week, Forrest was truly lost in thought like a child stuck in a maze at the fair. In truth, it was the little cruppy in his lap that actually noticed the other man first and with the wagging of his tail, someone not lost in thought would usually have noticed but not him it would appear.

‘Remember to water the Gravity-resistant tree and make sure it’s getting the correct amount of nutrients. Measure and note down the growth of the tree. Then go and check in with some of the employees and see how they’re doing and offer them some of Jules’ oatty cookies as a…’ “Oh. Good afternoon Mr Singh-Phora. Conley.” Jumping ever so slightly, the cruppy resting on his lap jumped off his lap and stretched, leaning forward first and then back. Leaning forward himself, Forrest stretched forward and yawned before grabbing his coffee and took a few sips as he watched the cruppy stretch with a heart-warming smile on his face.

“How’s your day been Conley?” his eyes moving from the cruppy who was amused by his own wagging tail to the little cat who seemed to be at as rubbing itself up against Conley’s legs lovingly almost like it knew him. Nodding towards the cute little thing, he smiled and asked “Does it have a name? Because it sure seems like it wants you to name it.” How he would love to take care of most of the creatures in the room and he would too if it were not for the fact that he was in fact here and not at home. And also, his wife would kill him if he brought them home for her to look after along with the grandchildren. Then again, his grandchildren would love him even more.

Conley was about to tell Forrest to call him Conley when the man corrected himself and so Conley found himself standing there with his mouth half-open in a sort of 'durrr' face. To cover, he took a sip of his too hot tea and found himself hissing a little from the burn. When he could speak again, he managed a "Didn't mean to interrupt your thoughts." He raised his teacup in a salute as if he was going to walk on, but then Forrest spoke again. It was perhaps a good thing that Forrest spoke up, because Conley likely would have tripped on the cat. "It's been a non-stop morning. I needed a change of scenery. How are things going with your tree-project?"

"Name him?" Conley glanced down at the cat. The purrs had turned into needy little meows. It seemed he wasn't going to let up until he was sitting in Conley's lap, so inviting himself to sit down at Forrest's table, he pulled out a chair and sat down. The cat immediately jumped up and started rubbing his head against Conley's chin. "If he has a name, I don't know it. And if he needs one, I'm not sure I should give him one. If I do, I'm worried my husband will make me sleep on the sofa for a month." He gave the cat a scratch between the ears. Sachin wouldn't really make him sleep on the sofa...well, not for more then a day or two. But still... he did sorta maybe wish he could bring the cat home. "My daughter would probably love him though. Something new to chase around the house." He chuckled softly at the idea of the two year old toddling along after the cat.