View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 07:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
ArianaBlack
Admin
Assistant Forum Manager
Quibbler & Newbie Mod

DMLE & DMT
Ashwinder

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfie Adair
Hufflepuff
First Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bronwen Grimaldi
Slytherin
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Tomasz Łaska
Law Enforcement
x10 x1
doesn't proofread tweets | #wrongaboutcereal | #siriusly? | emo to the extremo

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
Ash thought it would be a sort of small victory if Schmoe kept being his regular self. Some symbol that they had won the war. What were they even fighting for if everyone was gonna be sad all the time? There wouldn’t be any point. Even Ash had fun. Sometimes. Not very often. But sometimes. And anyway, if fighting meant that she got to be happy for one day a week, that was better than not fighting and never being happy.

Ash laughed. She had two laughs that she used regularly. One of them was a sort of sharp breath, cold and unsurprised. The other one was bubbly, not necessarily happy but definitely amused. She was using the second one right now. Why was Schmoe saluting her? Since when was she deserving of respect... Who cared? This was funny. Ash saluted back. She was glad that Schmoe hadn’t changed too much. Imagine if he suddenly started being Serious and suspicious and sad. That would be sad. Or maybe he really had changed, and was just good at hiding it. But Ash tried to not think about that.

“I guess I should probably go soon, or whatever.” Go where? To do what? Honestly, she would probably just sleep. Or paint. Or daydream. Something fun. Ash couldn’t exactly tell Schmoe to be happy sometimes if she was unable to do it herself.
Laughter was a sign that maybe something was going right. Or, er, perhaps that things would be going right eventually. Being a Hufflepuff, Finneas knew the importance of patience.

He chuckled in response to her own salute, shifting a little in his seat. "You're welcome to stay here as long as you like, Ms. Fox," he bobbed his head. "But, er, I'm sure you have plenty to do, so I won't keep you."

You are Lemon!