Thread: The Boathouse
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2021, 03:35 AM   #28 (permalink)
griffin

DMAC & DERP
Snidget

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Devin James Horton
Seventh Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Deanna Joyce Horton
Gryffindor
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Penelope Wright
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Elizabeth Wright
x1
Teapot Occamy| gryphons&giraffes&goats,OH MY | chaser of the truth | flutiful❧

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post

”Yeah. I think I did some of those unfeasible things. Probably shouldn’t have or whatever.” Doing those things had made Ash miserable. And they made a lot of people hate her. It didn’t matter. People would always hate her no matter what she did. So she had no regrets.

But that wasn’t the kind of think she felt like explaining to anyone at the moment, so she just stared across the lake again. She kinda felt like the lake was a good friend. It listened to her and it didn’t run away or laugh or look down on her. Maybe be because it was a lake and not a person. People weren’t as nice.

WAIT. THE DRAWING WAS HER??? Ash liked it a lot, but she was also flattered that Devin had thought to draw her without knowing that she would see it. Best friend of the day award definitely went to him today. “I love it It’s great it’s my favorite.” She said it really fast so that Devin would know her opinion extra fast. She giggled. “I love it!” She looked at it again, just because she liked it. Wow. Devin must actually care about her. He must be her real friend. Because he did (super cute) art of her, and that was too nice to be ingenuine.

Tears of happiness? Nope. Not happening. Nope nope nope... Ash would never...

Anyway.

“Nobody is here to judge, but if they were, then I wouldn’t care because I’m having fun.” Okay, maybe she would care a lot, but she wouldn’t stop doing what she was doing. Because looking at nature and chilling out with Devin was more important and less irritating than what other people were saying/thinking.

“I’m here for pretty similar reasons. I thought being outside in nature would make me happy... I think it worked. Didn’t expect you to show up, but I’m glad you did.” She found happiness in her friends. So when she needed more happiness, having real friends was helpful.

Ash smiled. “Today is gonna be a good day, I just know it.”
Devin beamed ear-to-ear when he heard how much Ash loved his art. ”Really? Thanks!” He couldn’t help but giggle a little bit in happiness. Maybe he would do another, better version of it to give to her. The fox wasn’t bad but he was sure he could do better if he practiced drawing it more. The flames especially could use some more attention to detail. Really, he cared about his friend. Ash was one of the few friends who he felt he genuinely trusted and really clicked with. Oddly enough, most of the people he felt that way about were Ravenclaw girls. It was nice to have good friends.

”Good. I’m having fun too.” If anyone would judge him for sitting in a boat with his friend early in the morning, they probably weren’t someone who he would want to be friends with.

”A bit of fresh air always does me some good. It’s calming. I wasn’t expecting to see you either, but I’m glad we’re here together too. Anything specific on your mind?” Ash was under no obligation to share things she didn’t want to, of course.

”Yes. A good day.” Really he couldn’t see any way things could be bad right now.