View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 03:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Watson
Dark Force Defense League

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Octavius Jude Salander
Ravenclaw
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Arabella Morgenstern
Law Enforcement
Slytherindor ♛ The Crazytastic Besties ♛ Shan Watson ♛

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddles View Post
A...weather spell effectiveness radius. Margaret stared hard at the map while she tried to process the first year's...summary? Of what she'd said?? Weather spell...was clearly referring to whatever spell the map was using to show them the weather. Effectiveness...like whether the weather was right? And radius...wasn't that like, a circle? Margaret put her hand up to rest on her cheek so Lisa couldn't see how confused she was. "...Yes." She finally replied, trying her darnedest not to make the yes into a question.

"I think the WWN and Daily Prophet weather people must use the same thing," she said, nodding. Maybe? She had never actually checked the WWN or Daily Prophet for a weather report...or forecast. When she was at Hogwarts, she had...the map. And when she was home...Muggle weather predictions, which were...usually right. Her Pa had tried to explain why they were wrong sometimes...something about blah blah complicated, blah blah butterflies, blah blah human interaction. She didn't always listen when her father talked science (or science fiction).

"I don't know, uh...last year was...weird, and I was just trying to keep up with school my first year," she admitted. Had there even been radios around last term, or had they been confiscated with the mirrors? She'd never had a radio, so she hadn't noticed. "Do you think being a radio weather person is something you'd like doing?" She thought it sounded horrible, personally.
Lisa blinked and watched Mamie with bright curious eyes. She did wonder ever so briefly what she would say to her question and then she got an answer. She nodded. Of course Lisa Nam’s hypothesis was directionally right. She took Mamie’s agreement as an indication that she, herself, was very bright.

Multiple sources using the same map? “Wait. You mean this map? They use this map at Hogwarts or do they have the same technolo- magic at their location?

When Mamie mentioned last year, Lisa paused. She was hoping to hear more but then she stopped. No one talked about last year and she hit her lip. “Mamie… last year sounded tough,” she said as she dug her fingernails into her arm because she was trying her hardest not to ask about what happened last year. She still didn’t have the big picture. She had breadcrumbs here and there but not the full loaf…. The question she asked next distracted her. Uh… did she look like someone who liked to talk in several degrees of error? She shook her head. “Uhhhh no… but i think running a radio show could be an interesting business? And I like money, business, and pranking. Y’know the hustle.

Le shrug.

Beat.

Aaaaand… What about you?