View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 01:06 AM   #43 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: Atlas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post

That all sounded a whole lot like some internal dialogue inside her head, if he was being honest. But the more this conversation went on, the less he felt like actually speaking. Which was...fine...he supposed. She did plenty of that on her own and it was all incredibly hugger mugger to boot. So his attention stayed on his tarantula as they consumed the beetle. He didn't have anything to say in response to any of that anyway that would be productive.

And he was quiet through the next portion of her acrimonious speech as well. The more she talked, the more she doubled back and zigzagged on her stances and words...and it was just too tiring to try and follow. She didn't just beat around the bush, she rolled and twirled and somersaulted and then interpreted danced around it. He just couldn't keep up with such disjointedness...plus Araneus was finishing up their snack and he needed to make sure she did not bolt elsewhere.

When conversation turned back around towards him and his own opinions, he shrugged his shoulders lightly. "That's not what I said...but you have such a tangential manner of speaking it makes sense that your thoughts do that too." He shrugged again and then lay his hand on the ground for his pretty girl to climb back on to his hand. It was getting close to the time to take her back to the barn. And he did offer a small thanks when she mentioned dad, because that would be the polite response. "And seem determined to feel and think a certain way and I'm not the person to assist with that because I don't want to." They had already been over how he did not enjoy conversation with her. At all. All this was just a further illustration of that.

Did he think he was better than her? Maybe at getting to the point but Atlas tended to lean into self-deprecation that he really didn't genuinely think he was better than anyone. He just studied hard so he knew his facts and that gave him something to fall back on.

"I don't think we are meant to interact. Like noble gases with halogens. Not meant to be combined." He had already expressed, so he thought, why he did not like her. So if she hadn't picked up on his reasons then maybe she needed to learn to listen better. Something he felt she needed to do anyway but he was no life coach.

He should probably be getting Araneus back to the barn soon.

Okay, so maybe Ash was making it a little hard for other people to follow what she was saying. But hey, they judged her whether they understood her or not, so it didn’t really matter. Maybe she didn’t want them to understand her. Maybe Atlas would hate her even more if he understood her. Maybe that was because she was a bad person. Or maybe because he was judgmental. Or maybe they were both horrible and judgmental. Who knew.

Ash smiled. He was insulting her now, wasn’t he? And pretending not to. Well, she’d let him pretend. They were alike, sorta. Maybe that was why they couldn’t stand each other.

“So, what I have written is:
I don’t want to understand any perspectives other than my own, I talk and think confusingly or irrationally, uhhh and also you think we are not supposed to interact. Like whatever analogy you were using, but also like two negative sides on a magnet. Um and the government isn’t as cruel as I think.”
She clicked her pen, wishing she had glasses to adjust to make her look extra official. “Did I miss anything? Don’t think so...” She was pretty sure that was what he said.

He never answered her question about if he was better than her. But it was alright. She wasn’t sure she wanted to know. “Anything else you’d like to add that you haven’t said yet?” Maybe something about how she was a terrible person? Or maybe something nice for a change? Anything at all? He looked like he was gonna leave soon, and she wanted to get all of her notes down first. “Even if it’s hurtful, you can say it. I’m trying to understand your perspective.” Did she really want to know why people didn’t like her? No. But hey, knowledge is power.

”Nice spider.” Maybe they could end this interaction on a neutral note. A girl could dream.