View Single Post
Old 06-28-2021, 12:12 AM   #42 (permalink)
sweetpinkpixie

Wizarding World RPG Admin
Minister for Magic

DoM & MO

Alley Proprietor
Romanian Longhorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Walles
Hufflepuff
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sage Ransom-Kruus
Slytherin
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Charles Hollingberry
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Zachaël Lufkin
Owl Post

x12 x12
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK | & the rest is drag ♣ #badluckDerf

SPOILER!!: Ashley
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrocat View Post
"Because they aren't good at it. It's all 'hey Ash, how are you' until we have to partner up or I'm in danger. Then it's 'you're stupid and I can't believe you'd be so reckless even though you have no friends and your life is one big traumatic mess. I can't believe you'd be like this... etc.'" She rolled her eyes. What did they expect? "Everyone could be lying, but some people are super good at lying. So I just accept them as my friends and know I won't be able to tell the difference. But a lot of people aren't good at pretending. I guess I'd be one of those people." She heard how people talked to/about her. She watched how they looked at her. Most people did not smile at all when she entered a room. Instead they cheerfully turned away.

"No, I'm not judging the people who run the institutions and try to fix them. I'm sure the majority of people working there are great and fine and awesome etcetera. But the institutions still have flaws, don't they? And yeah, it's not about me or you. It's about the wizarding world as a whole, and I would say that our trauma reflects that. And I'm not going to say that it's anyone's fault the institution failed, but there have got to be cracks somewhere. Maybe in the chain of command. If a few people at the top are bad or mind-controlled, then they have way too much power. Maybe that's it. Maybe it's something else. I don't know."

"I'm sorry about your dad." Ash could guess that Atlas was all mad because he thought of his dad whenever she complained about the government. But she thought he should take her side on this- it didn't seem all that hard to kidnap, subtly get rid of, or corrupt good people at the ministry. And it seemed really super hard to get rid of bad people at the top. That was another problem. She thought this could be fixed if individuals had more power, but whatever. Maybe it was better to not mention that right now.

Ash was back to her usual, hiding all emotions until they explode, trying to embody Nem with her absolute calm that she was trying to maintain really hard.

"mhhhm. And how do you know that I have never had enough empirical evidence to know that something went really wrong in the government?" Because it seemed pretty clear. Ahem. The school got taken over for a year. Many important people got kidnapped. Bad people became in charge of the government. And the government as a whole kinda just stayed there. It was a resistance group that finally got people to come to Hogwarts. Ash didn't forget.

"And why do you think I think the worst case scenario has happened every time? Why do you think I'm, I don't know, like this?" Ash was curious. Did he think she was born a pessimist? Because she... hadn't been. She was born happy, and every year she just went downhill. "And do you really have enough empirical evidence to say that I don't want to understand?" To write her off as ignorant and hopeless. To know that she couldn't or wouldn't understand.

Ash was interested. It showed. Here was someone actually willing to admit how much he didn't like her and why... she could actually use this information. It was reasonable to bet that Atlas did not like her for the same reasons as a bunch of other people. Gemma, for example. Another good thing about this is that she now knew she wasn't wrong when she assumed everyone thought she was stupid. She KNEW she wasn't liked. Now she could stick her tongue out at all the people reassuring her that they loved her while secretly disliking her. She was onto them. So she was happy to let Atlas continue on his unnecessarily philosophical speech about how he was better than her, so long as he kept feeding her information like this.

"Do you think you're better than me?" Ash really wanted to know. This was so fascinating. So fascinating she forgot to ask that question coldly.

That all sounded a whole lot like some internal dialogue inside her head, if he was being honest. But the more this conversation went on, the less he felt like actually speaking. Which was...fine...he supposed. She did plenty of that on her own and it was all incredibly hugger mugger to boot. So his attention stayed on his tarantula as they consumed the beetle. He didn't have anything to say in response to any of that anyway that would be productive.

And he was quiet through the next portion of her acrimonious speech as well. The more she talked, the more she doubled back and zigzagged on her stances and words...and it was just too tiring to try and follow. She didn't just beat around the bush, she rolled and twirled and somersaulted and then interpreted danced around it. He just couldn't keep up with such disjointedness...plus Araneus was finishing up their snack and he needed to make sure she did not bolt elsewhere.

When conversation turned back around towards him and his own opinions, he shrugged his shoulders lightly. "That's not what I said...but you have such a tangential manner of speaking it makes sense that your thoughts do that too." He shrugged again and then lay his hand on the ground for his pretty girl to climb back on to his hand. It was getting close to the time to take her back to the barn. And he did offer a small thanks when she mentioned dad, because that would be the polite response. "And seem determined to feel and think a certain way and I'm not the person to assist with that because I don't want to." They had already been over how he did not enjoy conversation with her. At all. All this was just a further illustration of that.

Did he think he was better than her? Maybe at getting to the point but Atlas tended to lean into self-deprecation that he really didn't genuinely think he was better than anyone. He just studied hard so he knew his facts and that gave him something to fall back on.

"I don't think we are meant to interact. Like noble gases with halogens. Not meant to be combined." He had already expressed, so he thought, why he did not like her. So if she hadn't picked up on his reasons then maybe she needed to learn to listen better. Something he felt she needed to do anyway but he was no life coach.

He should probably be getting Araneus back to the barn soon.

When youre stuck in a moment and your spark has been stolen .................................................. ...........
this is our time to own it, so own it.....................................
baby we were born with fire and gold in our eyes