View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 02:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Schmoe tried to sip his tea, but it was far too hot to drink at the moment. YiKeS. As it were, he gave Ms. Fox his undivided attention, ready to take note of what she said and put it into action. Though, er, her answer was, er, it was surprisingly, actually.

And very touching. Finneas offered her a small smile, shifting around in his seat. "Duly noted, Ms. Fox." And in true Schmoe fashion, he punctuated it with a salute. "I'll, er, I'll certainly do my best to keep being Schmoe." Not the after-the-war one, though that would be difficult to shake. He would try though, especially if it could be of any help to Ashley.
Ash thought it would be a sort of small victory if Schmoe kept being his regular self. Some symbol that they had won the war. What were they even fighting for if everyone was gonna be sad all the time? There wouldn’t be any point. Even Ash had fun. Sometimes. Not very often. But sometimes. And anyway, if fighting meant that she got to be happy for one day a week, that was better than not fighting and never being happy.

Ash laughed. She had two laughs that she used regularly. One of them was a sort of sharp breath, cold and unsurprised. The other one was bubbly, not necessarily happy but definitely amused. She was using the second one right now. Why was Schmoe saluting her? Since when was she deserving of respect... Who cared? This was funny. Ash saluted back. She was glad that Schmoe hadn’t changed too much. Imagine if he suddenly started being Serious and suspicious and sad. That would be sad. Or maybe he really had changed, and was just good at hiding it. But Ash tried to not think about that.

“I guess I should probably go soon, or whatever.” Go where? To do what? Honestly, she would probably just sleep. Or paint. Or daydream. Something fun. Ash couldn’t exactly tell Schmoe to be happy sometimes if she was unable to do it herself.