View Single Post
Old 06-26-2021, 02:51 AM   #66 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Desiree Y. Marchand
Hufflepuff
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Heath listened to the activity directions, growing more intrigued by the second. Inventions? Yes, please! He loved machinery, so this activity sounded right up his alley! Could they build a prototype of their invention? Ooh, maybe he could ask Professor Schmoe if he could use the legos to do it! Or not… His heart sank a little when he heard they'd be doing a poster or skit instead of a model, but that was okay. He could work with this! Now he just needed a concept…

He tapped his pencil against his lip as he brainstormed. First things first, he needed to think of a muggle inconvenience, but there were so many to choose from! He recalled his own experiences in the muggle world, and one annoyance stuck out at him: losing things. But what could he invent to fix it? There were already inventions to track and find some types of muggle objects, like smartphones. Maybe he could build on that.

He envisioned a device that could catalogue and track almost any object. It would need to be somewhat portable and inconspicuous… maybe designed to look like something else so it could hide in plain sight. Oh, he had it! It could look like a framed picture. That way it could hang on a wall to give the tracking sensors a better angle, and the picture part could become a touchscreen when someone needed to use it to find something. But what if the missing object in question wasn't in the same room as the tracker? He knew! It could link with other trackers in different areas of the home. That could work! He furiously jotted down his ideas:

SPOILER!!: Heath's invention

Problem: Wasted time searching for lost objects

Invention: The FastTrack, a device that catalogues and tracks personal items

How it works:
  • Product is meant to be mounted on a wall and is designed to look like a framed painting to complement any room decor
  • A series of sensors scan the molecular makeup of every object in the room
  • The device uses that information to identify, categorize, and number each object. This information is stored in a database.
  • When an object goes missing, the user touches the painting to reveal a touchscreen. Users can look up the missing object by name, category. or number using an onscreen keyboard.
  • Once the object's information has been pulled, the device will scan the room for the missing object. Device can be linked with other devices in different rooms to scan an entire house for a missing object.
  • When the object is found, the screen will display its location so the user can retrieve it.

Now he just needed to come up with a poster or skit for his presentation. Given his passion for acting and terrible drawing skills, he was more inclined toward the latter. Oh, maybe he could do one of those infomercials with the loud announcer and clumsy people who can't function without the product. Yeah, that was good… but he'd need a prop to illustrate the invention's design. Maybe he should do a skit and a poster?

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...