View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 04:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
astrocat
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Brandon Fox
Hufflepuff
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoebe Calypso [s]Dupont[/s]
Slytherin
Second Year
Which came first, the phoenix or the flame?

SPOILER!!: hiii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyander View Post
Eating too much. Having a stomachache. Getting all comfy in a beanbag chair in a semi dark, quiet room where it was nice and warm had been a good but bad idea. In fact it had been a horrible idea. A recipe for disaster in fact. It all fit together for a perfect storm.

Dahlia's eyes drifted shut and she was out. There was no resting her eyes like she had planned. Full on napping consumed her and nothing else mattered. Before long her mind began to wander and Dahlia found herself dreaming.

It was a lovely day. The sky is a clear blue with few clouds and a gentle breeze that blows every so often bringing the scent of fresh flowers and the sound of music with it. The smell of flowers makes sense as she’s walking along one of the pathways out on the grounds and it’s obviously early springtime. As for the music, Lia found it lovely. It was a really soft melody that almost felt like it was coming from everywhere all at once but also nowhere at the very same time.

She continued to walk, listening to the birds singing their song up the tree. Oh, she could see them perched there on the branch. One flew down and landed not to far from her on the path to nibble at a bit of bread someone else must of dropped. Even the birds seemed to like Healer Poppy's bread. They didn't seem to be the only one either. A little gray squirrel was suddenly there on the path and it was enjoying some bread too.

Lia really didn't think too much of this at first before well Hogwarts students ate outside all the time and bread was crumbly. Let the creatures enjoy their meal. Things only got stranger though. There was Tiger Lukas's cat and Sir Frederik too. Both were not only eating the bread but they came right towards her and offered her some! That's when she noticed lots of her friends and her boyfriend were there getting up from benches or walking along the path towards her. All offering her bread. No one said anything, they just held the bread out towards her. All kinds of warm fresh baked bread. The scent wafting through the air where that was now all there was.

The soft music was louder and now more ominous. Everyone and everything had bread and they were trying to make her eat the bread. She didn't want it. The sky started to darken and suddenly she was running from them all and they were chasing her along the path. Only they weren't her friends anymore, now she was being chased by huge pieces of bread. Poppy, strawberry, banana, cinnamon. The faster she ran, the faster the bread ran.

All Dahlia knew was that she had to keep going. She rounded a corner on the path and..

CRASH!

She ran right into a huge cart stacked high with trays filled of bread. The entire cart fell over, trays hitting the ground and bread flying all over the place. Lia falling along with it.

Her heart was racing as her blue eyes flew open and she somehow toppled right over out of the beanbag chair onto the floor with a startled yelp of surprise. Dahlia looked around in obvious confusion as she pushed herself up onto her knees. Brushing some hair from her face, she spotted Ash in the room... when had she gotten here?! Her cheeks flushed in embarrassment. Hopefully, Ash hadn't seen any of that.

Lia gave the slightly older girl a small sheepish smile in greeting, grabbed her bag and plopped back down onto the beanbag chair. Rummaging inside it quickly for her dream journal so she could write down everything she remembered about her weird nightmare. And Merlin was it weird. But umm also... why was there glass on the floor?

"Are you alright?" she asked softly. "You didn't cut yourself, did you?"

Ash's face did not get even a tiny little bit red. NOPE NOPE NOPE. Of course not. Turning pink? Ash had never ever been known to do that in stressful situations. No, of course not.

This was awkward. And very upsetting.

"I'm fine, there's just glass here now. Did you fall on any of it?" She poked one of the pieces one of the pieces with her foot. Not very safe. "I guess I should sweep it up before a little kid steps on it."

She took a deep breath. "You haven't heard anyone complaining about losing a mirror, have you?" She looked at the broken pieces on the ground, trying to keep anger and fear from overcoming her. "I... I think I found it." Oops.

She hoped it wasn't special to anyone or something, because she wasn't going to apologize for this very predictable outcome. "Mmm, I wonder how that got there." It was more of a joke than a lie, since it was pretty obvious what had happened. She sighed. "I guess I should find a broom or fix this with magic somehow."