Thread: Atrium: Morning with the Ministry
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 03:40 PM   #64 (permalink)
PhoenixRising

DMAC & DERP
Quintaped

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Amelia Adara
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emma Montmorency (#301199)
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Chloe Michelle Adara
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
TiaMarie Mancini
Ecological Protection

x12 x8
YesJess! | Captain Goggles | Mama Badger | Eva's Soul Sister | An OG™ | It's all in the Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charely Potter View Post
The quarter-giant man entered the Atrium. Kingston was slightly anxious, the usual first-day nerves that settle in. He hid it though through this closed grin, there was food! Luckily he wasn't alone as there were already two gentlemen (Alexander & Theodore) in the line.

"Mooorning," Kingston said. It was early so his pitch was deeper than usual, given his height and size he did what he could to not make others anymore nervous.. for now. "I'm Kingston." cue his clean teeth showing at any who made eye contact with him.
Chloe was actually intrigued by this year's ministry orientation in that it filtered right into a normal workday. Only her workdays hadn't been normal since the start of year as she had to conveniently remind herself she no longer worked on level six. Strange adjustment for sure. The redhead also found herself wondering if Kevin was okay, her light eyes scanning the room casually for her former housemate, but instead her eyes fell upon the figure of another former housemate. One she probably hadn't seen since he graduated, so he definitely had aged some but it was unmistakable the recognition. "Kingston Dolph, as I live and breath, is that you?" Meeting with her new boss to discuss her new responsibilities can wait. So can saying hello to her Uncle Aaron and Aunt Laurel. Catching up with old Gryffindors who apparently now worked at the Ministry was more important. Along with getting some pancakes into her belly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic Witch View Post
Laurel headed into the atrium for this year's Orientation event wishing already on the doorstep that she hadn't eaten breakfast before leaving for work. She saw waffles, pancakes, smoothies and all other breakfast things and felt like turning right on her heel. How was she supposed to eat now? If she managed to stomach down a waffle, some fruit and possibly a cup of tea then it'd be a miracle. Shaking her head and sighing to herself the mysteries worker made her way over to the mug station first. Maybe customizing her own mug would get her appetite up?

A few moments later stopped at the third station to peer around at all the mugs in different colors, shapes and sizes. Picking up a mug, it might look like it was by random to somebody looking on, but actually wasn't since she had been guided by her Inner Eye in her choice. Aurora then asked out loud to nobody in particular. "I chose a mug, what's the next step? Do i tattoo in my name or what?"

Laurel was examining a pink mug and considering how to decorate it when a man appeared behind the mug station saying something about how you can't roadmap creativity. Shaking her head at the man Laurel commented. "That's pretty unhelpful," Letting her eyes run over the supplies the guy pointed from markers to stickers and feathers and what not she asked. "I bet you don't have any examples of how you can decorate your mug then either?" Laurel had a feeling that she already knew the answer. Picking a sticker of a beautiful fairy that she knew her daughter would like she began to decorate the mug quietly.

Laurel was about on some glitter and hearts around the fairy stickers on her daughters mug when a guy in his twenties appeared by her side asking about tea cups and saucers. She let the man in charge of the mug station answer that question, but she did point to the stations sign. "It says mug decorating station so I doubt they'll have any teacups on stock." Laurel could be wrong though. She was considering how to putt on the glitter without getting glitter stuck to all places when the younger guy kept talking and including her in the conversation. Shrugging she said with a glance at the man in charge before focusing on the youngling. "I don't see why you can't make two. I'm decorating a mug for my daughter and might decorate one for my husband with a moving quidditch player on it."
Aaron was just a little behind Laurel, which was mostly because unlike her having to only come to this orientation from work, he was from a different location. But he did happen to make it to this year's orientation only a little late and in time to catch his lovely wife at the mug decorating station talking about decorating a mug for her husband. "Make sure it says husband on it. I'll be sure to decorate one with a crystal ball that says wife on it." He commented nonchalantly from the spot next to her.

Ethan Denton was a bit nervous but he knew this was the right job for his education background and personal interests. Also the benefits were pretty great and even though he knew his first year or two would be challenging as he finished out his university degree, but it would also be worthwhile and his boss seemed great. He glanced over to Nora, grateful she'd been able to attend his first workplace orientation with him and smiled, "You think this is enough food for you?" He mused, glancing around the room. Also, was that Calyx and Nina and Calloway???? Wait, did EVERYONE from his graduation class decide to work at the ministry? Where were they working? They should all sit together, perhaps.

Nice to meet you, where you been? ______________I could show you incredible things

Magic. Madness. Heaven. Sin________________You look like my next mistake