Thread: Atrium: Morning with the Ministry
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 02:40 AM   #57 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Alexander and Mr. Magnificent Beard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugglemad View Post
Alexander watched as Conley was flipping the pancake and said "Are you ok?" he was trying not to laugh as it was his first day and he didnt want to make any enemies so he continued to sip on his smoothie and wait.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emzily View Post
[COLOR="Navy"]"Oh, no, thank you." He replied to Conley, an uncommon smile appearing this time. "I'll probably steal a pancake in a little while." Likely not but he didn't want to appear rude in any way. "It all smells great, though." That was truthful, at least.

Was he fine? Maybe. It wasn’t that he didn’t like cooking, it was that he was smart enough to know it wasn’t one of his strengths and well, Conley didn’t exactly like showcasing it to the entire Ministry. ”Fine…fine…” It was a general answer to both men. He really couldn’t say much more at the moment as he was cleaning pancake goop off his flipper with his wand and trying not undercook the next pancake on his griddle. (Was his tongue poking out between his lips? Maybe… ) And then he plopped a pancake that was only a little burnt onto Alexander’s plate. It was probably as good a pancake as Conley was going to make.
Text Cut: Jane and Charles
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAlice View Post
"Good morning, Mr. Singh-Phora," she said solemnly as she arrived at his table. "I had no idea you were a chef. May I try a sample?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
"Ah! Jane. Lovely to see you," Charles greeted the woman who had single handedly helped the speed of his and other's recovery with her elixir. Charles had not had the esteemed pleasure to speak to her one on one, but he would rather like to have tea with her in his office sometime. Perhaps she would indulge in some of his yogurt covered raisins. He was sure she shared his refined tastes. "Conley is doing a smashing job. Very moist pancakes." Since the majority seemed to be undercooked.

Conley’s first instinct upon hearing his last names was to look at Sachin. He wasn’t sure why, but he did. And then he looked at Jane. ”I told you,” he playfully chided her after Charles’s greeting. ”To call me Conley. Bon appetite!" He gave her a big smile and a pancake that he had scrapped off the griddle leaving behind half of it and then waved his flipper in Sachin’s direction. ”You remember Sachin?” The two had met briefly at a previous year's orientation and then while fighting the fires in the Technology Center, but it never hurt to reintroduce people.

He glanced over to the Minister as he chatted easily with the Unspeakable. Charles really was jolly and happy to be back wasn’t he? As for his praise? Well, the minister was clearly being nice. It made Conley feel a bit uncomfortable if he was honest and he promptly flipped another pancake too early getting batter all over the place. To distract everyone as he cleaned up he asked Jane, ”How was Germany?” And as soon as he realized it, maybe he shouldn’t have asked her with so many people around.

Text Cut: The Hsuband and Charles
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Eyeing Conley again, the Ambassador nearly had the laughter which he had been holding back escaping. Conley certainly was redder in the face. He simply smirked at the comment and had almost let the teasing moments pass but he just had to get one more good humoured joke in. “Careful there… don’t want your hat falling into the batter.” Okay, he was done. Sachin took the plate with the pancake. “Thanks.’’ Clearly his own culinary skills had never managed to rub off on Conley despite the years they had been together. He’d be needing lots of syrup to get this crispy pancake down to his stomach. Sachin smirked and threw an amused glance at the flipper. “I suppose it is. You can surprise me with one sometime.” And Radhika with a unicorn one.
Quote:
Finishing up with the first faces, the Minister switched once again to the yellow to fill in the circles and smiled wide over at Conley's husband. "I asked," he answered, a light chuckle to his tone. He would have returned the Namaste in full but, well, his hands were rather full at the moment. "I dare say that it could become a morning tradition in the Singh-Phora household. He does look quite charming with that flipper. No time like the present to try new things." And after surviving a war, flipping pancakes was an easy hurtle to clear.

Under normal circumstances, he would have asked Sachin to fix the hat for him, but as his boss was standing next to him making smilie face pancakes that made Conley’s cooking skills look like a chicken trying to fly. As for this becoming a morning tradition? He suddenly got the feeling that the two men were ganging up on him. ”Yeah… I don’t think that is going to happen. Sachin is always afraid I’m going to burn down the kitchen.” He dumped another burnt pancake (this one wasn’t gooey in the center) on Sachin’s plate. To his husband, he said, ”You have a birthday coming up, perhaps you’ll get a fancy flipper of your own. I be it would be great for making grilled cheeses.” Because Conley was a big fan of grilled cheeses and Sachin knew that.
Text Cut: Tally, Sachin, and Charles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
"Good morning, Minister!" she greeted the admirable man in a sing-song way as she fluttered by.

Her eyes then fell on Conley and Sachin. "Hello, darlings! How are you both doing this fine morning?" she asked, her eyes twinkling. "And who had the idea of putting Con here in charge of cooking?" She chuckled, knowing that cooking wasn't exactly one of the man's strengths. But she was a good friend and was here to support him regardless, even if it meant getting a couple pancakes that were cooked a little to much. "I'll take two."
Quote:
His attention was drawn away from the ache of parenthood and back toward Conley who...well... "Not enough time on that one, but no matter. Still salvageable and I'll eat it myself." He had eaten his share of partially raw pancake over the year as well and was still standing just fine. "Just discretely set it here on this plate..." The one Charles had levitating between the pair of them for any pancakes that became unservable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
Don’t worry, Sachin fully understood about the Minister’s hand being busy. Charles was obviously a pro at making pancakes as he handled everything with ease. The Ambassador chuckled. “I don’t see why not.” His voice lowered, words only for this old gentleman’s ears. “I might have to give Conley some much needed lessons though, before he’s ready to fly solo.” This little activity could obviously help but only time would tell. His voice at the normal tone now, he added, “Won’t take up more of your time, Minister. I’ll be seeing you around.’'

Ever pleased to have more company, Sachin threw Tallulah a beam. “Hi, yourself!’’ Wasn’t she awfully chipper this morning? “I’m doing great! It’s difficult not to be when there’s good food around.’’ He started laughing. Leave it to Conley’s friend to come right out and say that. “Oh, I think there a hint of a chance that he might improve before the morning’s over.”

He had been about to tell Sachin to shoo and eat his pancakes (and maybe go decorate him a mug) when he heard a familiar voice. He couldn’t help it, Tally had always been able to make him smile. ”Hello beautiful,” he said to his dear old friend as he plopped two blobs of pancake batter on his griddle for her order and deposited the uncooked one onto a plate for Charles. Clearly the man was braver than most.

”I heard that,” he said to Sachin about the cooking lessons. He was pretty sure that any cooking lesson he endured would lead to someone getting food poisoning. He just hoped Tally didn't hear it or she would like join in the 'pick on Conley' gang that had gathered around his station. He flipped Tally’s pancakes at the perfect time and then got distracted when the Husband and the Good Friend started talking. He probably hadn’t told them this, but he was very pleased that the two got along. Then again, with a smile like hers, how could anyone not like Tally?

As for improving his pancake making…

Text Cut: Jasper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireheart View Post
He noticed quite a few familiar faces milling around the area, but the grumbling in his stomach stopped him from waving hello quite yet. Instead, he jumped in line at the breakfast station, arriving just in time to overhear a new co-worker's (Gunnar) introduction. "Gentlemen," Jasper greeted the Minister and Conley first (you know, seniority rules and all that) before grabbing a plate of waffles. Although it was a bit odd to be served by the big guys. "Didn't know you had such a knack for the pancake arts, Charles," he added, chuckling at the smiley face cakes on the table.

”Greetings! Pancake?“ he asked. But the man picked up waffles instead. Good choice Sir. Good choice. Because just then Tally’s pancakes started smoldering and Conley was completely oblivious.