Thread: Atrium: Morning with the Ministry
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 09:00 PM   #50 (permalink)
aRogueOne

MLE & DERP
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sloane Aubrey Knott
Slytherin
Second Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Hooper Ridley-Rush
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jude Joel MacAfee
Law Enforcement

SPOILER!!: Alexander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugglemad View Post
Alexander smiled at the thought of getting fresh blueberries and then he replied "I had alittle trouble finding the entrance, I walked past it several times" he laughed and then comtinued "I got past security, there was lot of questions to answer but I am here now thank you. Can I have some vanilla ice cream please?"

SPOILER!!: Raini
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
"Certainly. A mango and banana smoothie, sounds very tropical. Good choice," Raini told the young man (Alexander) who had stopped by his station first. "You can help yourself or I can give you some assistance if you need it." He was here to assist or supervise, and while he was sure Ministry employees were perfectly capable, it was also his job to man this station.

And then Aurora showed up next to him, just in time for more employees to begin arriving to their station for the healthy choice. "Good morning, Ms. Aurora," he greeted her kindly with a pleasant smile. "I like your hat and apron, you really look the part." Perhaps he should have worn the same, but everyone would know he was one of the people in charge, right? Noting that she was also calling out to the people coming in and drawing their attention to the smoothies, he paused in consideration of her question and idea about smoothie specials. "I don't think that's a bad idea," he replied, encouraging her creativity. "Perhaps we should offer themed smoothies, like fruits that go together, tropical fruits and the like." Perhaps this was something they should have thought about before though to be a little more prepared.

"Good morning." Raini gave the young woman (Lucille) who approached them a friendly smile in greeting. She really did appear to be the lost little lamb. But Aurora was on top of it there and he was not going to step on her toes. He'd just wait until the next person approached to help them next. And that seemed to be Bette, who he decided to help while Aurora was busy with Lucille. "Hello there, Miss," he greeted her kindly. "Strawberry and banana then?" He started gathering the correct fruit while the booming voice of Forrest at the pancake station next to him caught his attention as he made the young woman's smoothie. "I don't think shouting is necessary, Mr. Forrest," he joked gently with a chuckle. "The pancakes are already the main attraction. They'll come to you. But I certainly wouldn't mind sampling from your garden when you have a moment." He knew he was plenty busy at the pancake station, even with Charles and Conley there too. But some delicious healthy greens sounded delightful.

"Here you are , Miss," he said to Bette as he handed her the smoothie "Strawberry and banana, enjoy!"

Pulling a scoop from a jug of water because he was just that old school, Forrest scooped some vanilla ice cream from a tub and lumped it onto the pancake, a wide smile spread across his face at the sight of his first customer of the day. “Oh, you’ll find your way eventually. I remember when I started here many, many moons ago. I’d always get lost and end up in the most random of places. There was this one time that I…” and his voice trailed off as his mind veered down into the many rabbit holes that it liked to escape to at times when he started to talk. Such is the power of time that that you forget to be in the moment and instead divulge the past.

“Yes. There you go Alexander. How’s that for a welcome to the department?”, sliding the pancake towards the gentleman now, he looked over at the long-haired gentleman who appeared to be calling over to him, although calling over wasn’t exactly the right word for it as he was in the cooking station over.

“Aha, Mr Youngbird, you miss understand my intention” he replied, a wide smile on his face now as he looked over at Raini. In truth, Raini had hit the nail on the head. He wanted to shout to the world that they needed to try his fresh produce, but he wasn’t about to say that. Was he? “I have to agree with you on one thing though. These pancakes truly are the main attraction today. Well, except for the return of the fountain, but that I plan on changing that soOOoooon.” He was sure that his fresh produce would indeed bring all of the Ministry workers to the atrium. Despite this being his first time in the Ministry for what felt like an age, the older gentleman was rather enjoying himself.

SPOILER!!: Anna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Was she late, she might have been late. Anna wasn't a morning person, but she tried to slip in without causing too much of a fuss. Though Anna was not someone who liked just slipping into a background and with that she was already bouncing to be noticed, "HELLO EVERYONE, GOOD MORNING, HELLO! Have we started decorating the mugs yet? I want the biggest cup, I always need the biggest cup to get a moving start." She gave a big belly laugh as she headed to the mug station and greeted Jake and the others there already.

"So what are we all making on our mugs? I think I want to try to design a dog on my, what do yinz think? A pretty dog or maybe even some fireworks or some glitter." She couldn't decide exactly what she wanted, but she knew it had to be flashy just like she loved to be.

SPOILER!!: Jake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felixir View Post
"Thank you, I get that a lot," Jake replied breezily to the woman who'd first approached the station (Laurel). Really though. Some of his kids said worse to him (much... much worse, worse than could be repeated in civilised company, and definitely not with the Minister in earshot (who, by the way, received a nod and a half smile in return for that look, and an unintentional shared thought that they should probably catch up again soon)) so it didn't bother him. Water off a... something whatever. As for examples, Jake lifted his half-googly-eyed mug to show her. "Only this."

Now was as good a time as any to take a cursory look around the place, seek out the familiar faces and the totally new. It was at this point that he found Tomasz in the crowd - or, more accurately, on the very margins, lurking hovering over near the corner - and returned his nod, with a smile too. Jake noted he'd worn his uniform, but thought little of it. He didn't memorise every shift of every employee, and thought perhaps Tomasz was on duty, or would be partway through the event. That would also explain the lurking hovering. At any rate, Jake was used to Tomasz and the way he conducted himself, and he understood his tendency to stay at the edges of a social event much in the same way he could see why Penelope Grimm might be doing a similar people-watching bit.

Speaking of, Jake addressed her when she stopped by for the mug. "Morning, Penelope." Except then it occurred to him he hadn't really thought the next sentence through. She'd dealt with a lot only a few weeks ago, that on top of all the post-war recovery, and they were still yet to track down who, or what, was behind the Ministry disappearances. Jake had been about to tactfully offer her the two googly eyes he'd picked up on his fingertips, when Airey appeared and unintentionally saved him from acting the fool. Although... given who Jake had only days ago, and in what context, it was surprisingly difficult to lay eyes on Airey Flamsteed right now, and his greeting caught in his throat. He cleared it, and continued studying the room.

Any kind of door-bursting naturally drew Jake's attention, and that was true even on the days he wasn't on tenterhooks. No message right now. No dramatic Neo-Alliance entrance either - at least... it didn't seem that way, and with all the security in place, it was unlikely. Not impossible, but unlikely. No, when Jake looked around, his eyes fell upon the new personal assistant on Level Two. His own personal assistant. He knew him on sight, of course; after the events that had transpired these last few years, it would be a pretty disastrous move to lose track of any employees, forget any of their faces.

Jake went back to googling his mug, and was just considering how he'd go about addressing the handle, when the American lad spoke up from nearby. He looked over at him, fairly certain MacAfee was unaware he was talking to his new department head, but making nothing of it. "'Fraid not. Unless you want to transfigure one and call it decorating." Which... Jake supposed it was, in a way. "Go ahead and make a couple. Plenty to spare." Actually, now he thought about it, he was going to have to keep his googly mug in his office; bring that home and he'd have four five-year-olds waging war to get their hands on it. Horrific.

When Anna rocked up to the mug-decorating station, Jake showed her his decorated mug, dangling it by the handle on one index finger and rotating it slightly so the many many googly eyes could be seen. "Suppose there's some kind of symbolism in there. Might name it Argus." Because apparently he had not learned his lesson on the mythological names score.
Had Jude truly not noticed his boss standing there just a few meters away? Possibly. Had he simply not cared and decided to act on his impulses as he always did regardless of the consequences? Who knew. “Aha. Yes. I guess that would count as decorating. You’re completely right boss. I’ll just finish this one first before I grab another. You know, don’t want to hoard all of these snazzy looking mugs and not let anyone else get the chance to decorate one,” his eyes flickering between his mug and Boss-Man Upstead. The slight O shaped hole that had formed where his lips were supposed to meet however may have possibly given away the answer to those who were actually paying attention. The brief surprise that has slide across his face like a runaway Zamboni didn’t last long and his usual chillaxed grin was back before anyone was any the wiser. Hopefully.

Using the new arrival (Anna) as a way to cover up his lack of…awareness, Jude simply jumped into welcoming the woman, although that may have also been to do with the fact that she also seemed to be American. Was this a common thing in the Ministry over here? Did a lot of people come over and work here too? He knew his parents had interned here many moons ago but still.

“You’re not too late at all. In fact, you’re right on time. I’m designing a cat my self although it seems to have uhh…well the face is all flat and it’s a little ugly. Spitting image of the cat actually” and chuckling to himself, he put the finishing touch on his mug. “Aha, she is…magnifique!” and as if no one was watching, he chef kissed the air as his mug simply deserved to be recognised for the fine piece of art that it was.