Thread: Atrium: Morning with the Ministry
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 06:25 PM   #47 (permalink)
emjay

DMAC & DERP
Pygmy Puff

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Phoenix Marchbanks
Ravenclaw
Fourth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Wiley Whittebrook
Hufflepuff
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Kendra Jordan-Durand
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Gunnar McCarthy-Toussaint
Ecological Protection

x12 x5
Unforgivably Cursed | adultescent

"Certainly. A mango and banana smoothie, sounds very tropical. Good choice," Raini told the young man (Alexander) who had stopped by his station first. "You can help yourself or I can give you some assistance if you need it." He was here to assist or supervise, and while he was sure Ministry employees were perfectly capable, it was also his job to man this station.

And then Aurora showed up next to him, just in time for more employees to begin arriving to their station for the healthy choice. "Good morning, Ms. Aurora," he greeted her kindly with a pleasant smile. "I like your hat and apron, you really look the part." Perhaps he should have worn the same, but everyone would know he was one of the people in charge, right? Noting that she was also calling out to the people coming in and drawing their attention to the smoothies, he paused in consideration of her question and idea about smoothie specials. "I don't think that's a bad idea," he replied, encouraging her creativity. "Perhaps we should offer themed smoothies, like fruits that go together, tropical fruits and the like." Perhaps this was something they should have thought about before though to be a little more prepared.

"Good morning." Raini gave the young woman (Lucille) who approached them a friendly smile in greeting. She really did appear to be the lost little lamb. But Aurora was on top of it there and he was not going to step on her toes. He'd just wait until the next person approached to help them next. And that seemed to be Bette, who he decided to help while Aurora was busy with Lucille. "Hello there, Miss," he greeted her kindly. "Strawberry and banana then?" He started gathering the correct fruit while the booming voice of Forrest at the pancake station next to him caught his attention as he made the young woman's smoothie. "I don't think shouting is necessary, Mr. Forrest," he joked gently with a chuckle. "The pancakes are already the main attraction. They'll come to you. But I certainly wouldn't mind sampling from your garden when you have a moment." He knew he was plenty busy at the pancake station, even with Charles and Conley there too. But some delicious healthy greens sounded delightful.

"Here you are , Miss," he said to Bette as he handed her the smoothie "Strawberry and banana, enjoy!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gunnar looked back at Alessandro and gave him a small smile in return for the hand squeeze, and he started towards the pancakes, noting the two department heads as well as the Minister were manning the station. Oh... yes, perhaps his fiancé was right. Although it was a social breakfast, it was also a networking event and he should probably play the part now that he was officially a Ministry employee.

"The Minister is a good start, no?" Gunnar mentioned, his eyes still focused in that direction. But next to the pancakes, he happened to notice Ms. Bagnold. "There's my new boss," he told Alessandro, nodding in her direction before turning back to the man at his side. "We should speak to her for sure."

So, pancakes, then smoothies, for their optimal conversationalists, but also for the breakfast choices. He did really like smoothies. Though once he started that way again, he noticed a few more people they both knew. First Tomasz who caught his eye with a smile and Gunnar raised his free hand in a sort of casual wave. Once they'd gotten their breakfast, perhaps they could go say hello. And then - "Oh there's Calyx... and Nina," he casually mentioned to Alessandro. It didn't appear that either of them had seen them but they could say hi anytime. He knew that Calyx was working in a nearby department here, plus he was sort of not really related to Alessandro.

He was just about to step in line for pancakes when a few more people caught his eye - Candela and Kaiser and... must be his kid. Knowing that this could very well be a point of contention for Alessandro, he pretended not to see them and simply turned to his fiancé with a smile. "Pancakes first, then smoothies." He pulled him into the pancake line to wait their turn, but trying to catch the Minister's eye. "Good morning, Minister Hollingberry," he greeted him with a charming smile once the older man seemed to have a free moment, and extended his hand. "Gunnar McCarthy, new employee in the Magical Creatures Department. And this is my fiancé, Alessandro Toussaint." Introductions were necessary of course and only polite.

______________________don't you worry I'll be fine
_________________________________________________you were good for the plot line