View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 02:32 PM   #36 (permalink)
MadMadamMalfoy
Newbie Mod

MO & DMLE
Chizpurfle

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Norman A. Carton
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sydney M. L. Masters
Slytherin
First Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Gaston A.L. Marchand
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Normandie A. Carton
Law Enforcement
Default Mini Activity part 2
Rhibear ~ Madam Solo ~ Dark Brooding Girl ~ Accio Jedi ~ Gryffinclaw ~ Just a doll

Norman roamed the room, his blue-green eyes scanning the rows of desks as he went. He liked what he saw so far: quiet, working students. From what he saw of their theories so far, their reasoning was sound, but he refrained from offering critique so as not to give anything away. The experiment would be more fun if they made their own observations! Speaking of the experiment… He glanced at his watch, noting it was time to move on, and returned to the front of the room. “If you still need more time to make your prediction, you can come back to it in a minute. For now, eyes here.”

He paused to allow time for the students to find a stopping place and turn their full attention to him before continuing, “The spell we’re going to use on these items is Draconifors. This spell turns its target into a small dragon and can be used on a variety of materials. Because the dragons are small, their potential for violence and fire-breathing is limited.” He had to throw that last bit in for anyone who might be afraid of the dragons or on the flipside, those who might get ideas to use them to start fires.

He placed a stone, leaf, and ice cube on his desk, then aimed his wand at one of them at random (in this case, the ice cube). “To cast, make a slashing motion with your wand and say the incantation Drah-KON-i-fors. If you’ve done it correctly, the spell will emit a fiery orange light.” He made the slashing wand movement at the ice and said clearly and firmly, “Draconifors.”

A fiery orange light burst from the tip of Norman’s wand, and a tiny white dragon appeared where the ice cube once was. It flew in a circle around the room then perched on the professor’s desk, lazily curling up into a ball. He demonstrated the spell twice more on the leaf and stone, and soon two more dragons - a green one and a gray one - were napping on his desk. With a wave of his wand, the spell information appeared on the board behind him:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkboard
Draconifors
(pronunciation: drah-KON-i-fors)

Use: turns target into a small dragon
Wand movement: slashing motion at target
Light: fiery orange
“Practice this spell on each of the three items on your desk. There are extra items available up front in case of mistakes, but please be careful. As you practice, make notes of which transformations go easiest for you, which are most difficult, and anything unusual you notice in the transformation process. Then compare your observations to the prediction you made. Do your results match up?” He waited a moment or two to give the students time to process the instructions before turning them loose to work. “You have twenty minutes, starting now!”

OOC: For the second part of the mini activity, your student needs to do the following: 1) Practice Draconifors on the stone, leaf, and ice cube on their desk 2) Observe and take notes on the transformations and 3) Compare their notes to the prediction they made in part 1. Spells and predictions do not have to be correct to receive credit, so feel free to have your student struggle, make mistakes, etc. As always, catching up is allowed. We’ll move on to the main activity in about 48 HOURS .

If I could take that second chance, If I could make my life anew, If only dreams came true...