Thread: Atrium: Morning with the Ministry
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 02:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
Krel Ansell

DMLE & DIMC
Mooncalf

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Hugo I. Bumble
Law Enforcement
x1
Default Master Chef Conley!
*randomly tagged* | Norbert(a) | The Wandmaker (tm)

Text Cut: Alexander and Charles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugglemad View Post
Alexander looked up at the mention of pancakes and then walked over to the man that had called him "Pancakes sound great right now" he told him as he took a plate, he watched Conley flipped the pancakes and added "My name is Alexander"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpinkpixie View Post
"Conley, you are in luck. I seem to have stumbled upon a spare hat," he practically purred as he set the white floppy chef's hat atop the department head's noggin. "I have one as well." And he slipped his own on, brushing a bit of hair from his brow in the process. "Just remember, when you start to see bubbles, it's time to flip."

Before Conley could reply to Alexander’s introduction, something was being shoved onto his head. He pushed back at it, making sure to keep his pancake flipper out of the way, but Charles was persistent and after a moment he gave up and let the man fix the hat on his head. Not for the first time, Conley felt like his father had chastised him. Was his face a little red? Yes, but certainly that was due to the heat rising off the griddle right? And no, just because Charles had one on did not make Conley feel any better about having to wear one himself.

”Err…” he said poking the pancake that was currently burning on his griddle. ”Bubbles. Right…” And what exactly did that mean? He didn’t see bubbles…

Text Cut: The Husband
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearlessLeader19 View Post
May the Gods be with those who consumed those pancakes. Sachin stifled a laugh as he watched Britain’s Minister for Magic perch a chef’s hat on Conley’s head.

Of course the younger man made a beeline for the station of the other two. “Don’t you look adorable?” Sachin told Conley extra quietly, words meant only that man’s ears. Then he resumed his usual tone. “Nice flipper, by the way. I'm sure Radhika would like to have one similar to that sometime.” Sure, their daughter was just an infant but they could get her a toy one in the meanwhile. Oh, yes. He couldn’t forget Mr. Hollingberry. “Namaste, Minister,” Sachin greeted {complete with the folded hands}, a big grin on his face. Laughter still threatened to escape him. “How ever did you manage to get Conley to do any sort of cooking?”

Was is possible for Conley face to turn a deeper shade of red? Yes, yes it apparently was. Because Sachin’s comments, while appreciated, made him feel even sillier. His hand went back to the toque blanche (yes, that’s what they are called ) which he poked with a finger making it tilt precariously on his head. ”Ha, ha…glad I amuse you,” he said trying not to sound flustered as he scooped up the burnt pancake and plopped it onto a plate which he held out to Sachin. Sachin had found it highly amusing when Conley had come home and told him he had been talked into volunteered to cook pancakes for this year’s orientation. And as evidenced by the burnt pancake he was trying to give his husband, the cooking lessons Sachin had tried to give him, did not take. As for the spatula? ”I think Radi would rather have a unicorn one. This one seems more your taste.” Maybe the flipper would mysteriously disappear at the end of the morning…
Text Cut: Dylan and Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTiger View Post
Just the very fact that the Ministry was doing something as casual as a breakfast to welcome everyone back seemed to say that things were much better than they had been the previous year. Possibly more than just the previous year, but this felt especially notable. Not to mention the absolutely welcome appearance of the old and much-loved Fountain of Magical Brethren she saw upon arrival. Dylan had even brought a plus-one: her five year old daughter.

”Pancake?” Conley called to a lady (Dylan) and her…he assumed daughter. He was still holding the plate with Sachin’s smoking pancake. The pancake, should Sachin get around to eating it would also still be raw in the middle somehow. Yep, that’s how talented Conley was. Was Conley aware that pancakes weren’t supposed to be black? Yes…maybe… clearly Sachin did the cooking in their house.
Text Cut: Alexander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugglemad View Post
Alexander was sipping his smoothie when he walked over to Forrest's pancake stand, he noticed the greenhouse apron and wondered if this was one of his bosses " Can I have a blueberry pancake?" He asked politely as he was smiling at Forrest.

”Sorry Alexander!” he called as the man moved onto another station to see if someone else could make him a pancake. It was probably for the best. Because just then Conley flipped a pancake that was not really ready to be flipped and got pancake batter stuck to his flipper.